My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Captin's Mass

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
I saw a Captin's mass today for a young sailer (enlisted 2nd year HN) who failed to wake up for work needless to say he has been enlightened. I struggle to understand this younger generation why cant you just get up for work.

Tony Siciliano

Premium Member
Re: Captin's Mast

It's a different mindset these days. No one hold's them accountable anymore.

How did you happen across a Captain's Mast?

Beathard

Premium Member
Major hit to a military career for sleeping late. Must not be the first thing he did. Hate to see things like this happen to young men just for being a little lazy. Someone needs to teach these guys before the get in the military.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
We also joked that unless you had been to Captain's Mast you couldn't make Chief. I had a Master Chief that had been 3 times. The last time he went he was a Senior Chief, 6 months later he put on Master Chief. I have only ever been to one and the CO made it mandatory for all hands. The story behind the Mast was a bizarre love triangle right out of a soap opera.

JTM

"Just in case"
Premium Member
I saw a Captin's mass today for a young sailer (enlisted 2nd year HN) who failed to wake up for work needless to say he has been enlightened. I struggle to understand this younger generation why cant you just get up for work.

Woah, woah, woah. I return the question: Why can't ya'll work until 2 in the morning? My father goes to bed at 8pm and I cannot understand that at all. Past 9 pm and he's falling over asleep... but then gets up at 4-5 am.

I am definitely not a morning person and struggle to get up quite a bit, however, I do some really good work until *really* late sometimes.

An 8-5 work schedule is an ancient holdover from a need to work during the day (the sun was up, that's really the only time to do agriculture). A lot of companies are moving away from it.

Of course for your example though, a sailor that can't get up is indeed in the wrong profession. Hah.

Beathard

Premium Member
Its a Captain's Mast, not Captain's Mass... Right? I'm asking out a little ignorance having not been in the Navy.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Yep it is Mast. Comes from the olden days of sailing ships when the Captain would conduct disciplinary actions and other things before the mast of the ship, usually the main mast.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
Re: Captin's Mast

How did you happen across a Captain's Mast?

I'm formerly security forces I was requested by the Captain and the Command Master Cheif. The gentlemen lost 2/3 pay, restricted to the compound for the month along with 76 hours extra duty. Two things I do well counter-terrorism and maintenance. I do the latter now as a civilian.

Bro.BruceBenjamin

Premium Member
Major hit to a military career for sleeping late. Must not be the first thing he did. Hate to see things like this happen to young men just for being a little lazy. Someone needs to teach these guys before the get in the military.

The gentlemen has some family problems, but after standing in front of 1,000 people he is now working them out.

Status
Not open for further replies.