Commandery Uniform Changes

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Willaim Perkins, Dec 9, 2014.

1. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

Hand-me-downs can be a blessing. Our Commandery is blessed with some of that to include several swords, a couple of blouses, even my cheapeau is older than I am; however, not every Commandery is so lucky. But in the interest of the salvation and growth of our order I still desire to make a drastic change to our dress in order to make it attractive, comfortable and less expensive.

2. Willaim Perkins

Willaim Perkins Registered User

We wear our uniforms, if you have one, for every meeting and for some other Masonic functions such as the Arch of Steel for installing the DeMolay Master Councilor. But I understand the expensive factor and want to make changes.

3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

In my jurisdiction in Chapter a crimson jacket is the uniform article. In Council a purple jacket is the uniform article. However, neither is a requirement.
    In my Commandery the double breasted black jacket, black slacks, sword (silver for Sir knight, Gold for EC) and feathered chapeau is the uniform. Just recently gotten my my uniform and accessories. I very much like the current uniform.
    I very much enjoy the drill.
    Same here
    Our Commandery has some items. Unfortunately, none that I could use.
    Same in my Commandery. However, if a member does not wish to perform in the drills and ceremonies or hold office a uniform is not required.

I know that this is an old thread but it is one that very much interests me. That is why I am reviving it.

4. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

I have had my uniform together for a little while and I still have a lingering question.

What is the belt hook for on my belt? Lol

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. Warrior1256

I had the very same question and someone answered it for me, but now I can not remember the answer, lol. Will find out and get back to you eventually.

Benjamin Baxter likes this.
  6. Companion Joe

Companion Joe Premium Member

Do you mean the hook close to the hilt of your sword when you have everything on? If so, you can slip the sword a few inches out of the scabbard and put the hand guard in there to keep the sword/scabbard from swinging when you walk. It is primarily for when you are marching in a parade or something.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  7. Benjamin Baxter

Benjamin Baxter Moderator Staff Member

Yes that's the one. I will try that to keep that blade ruley. I can't seem to keep it from tripping me up...lol

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry

8. Warrior1256

Thanks for the explaination Companion.

9. Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey Registered User

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Agreed!

Share My Freemasonry