My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Did Not Think of a Freemason Board

adc100

Only became a Master in May at the age of 77. My BIL is a 33rd and has been the first assistant for the PA grand masters for decades. Needless he was thrilled when I took the step.
I belong to Treichler Lodge 682 in Elizabethtown. I am Lodge Librarian and volunteer as I am able. I am really interested in symbolism and history. Lots to learn. I will help on the floor as needed and am capable. Can't see rising to the level of Jr. Warden.

Keith C

Welcome!

I have several friends from Lodge in Elizabethtown. If you run into Bro. Walter Pankoe give him my regards!

Brother JStoffo

Welcome Brother. There is a lot of material regarding symbolism out there. History is a little more difficult as it is easy to get into the trap of finding what you wanted to find, ie, Knights Templar and Egyptian Pharo stories. I recommend sticking to books written by Masons at first. Take a look at Albert Pike’s book, Esoterika: The Symbolism of the Blue Degrees of Freemasonry.

adc100

Welcome Brother. There is a lot of material regarding symbolism out there. History is a little more difficult as it is easy to get into the trap of finding what you wanted to find, ie, Knights Templar and Egyptian Pharo stories. I recommend sticking to books written by Masons at first. Take a look at Albert Pike’s book, Esoterika: The Symbolism of the Blue Degrees of Freemasonry.
Thank-you I have looked at that book!