First Responders Appreciation Breakfast

Discussion in 'Upcoming Masonic Events' started by Bro. Kurt P.M., Apr 16, 2018.

1. Bro. Kurt P.M.

Bro. Kurt P.M. 2018 14G DCO Premium Member

2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

This is really great idea. One of my lodges does something similar.

3. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

Great Idea!

I have to ask, though. Biscuits and Gravy? As a Brit, Gravy to me is a savoury sauce made from the juices of roast meat to be poured over the meat, potatoes, veg etc. Is this a similar type of gravy with savoury biscuits or something completely different? I need to know if I'm missing out on some sort of new taste combination!

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

The gravy in question is generally made with spiced sausage (in the US there is no bread in sausage). The majority of recipes also use cream or milk plus a roux of flour and water. So it's a hybrid of the common gravy styles used around the US.

The biscuits vary but are most commonly a dumpling made of a light soda bread but baked as a biscuit rather than steamed as a dumpling.

5. Scoops

Scoops Registered User

That sounds excessively tasty! Where might I find recipes for such delights?

As eating a meal is part of my Masonic activities (the Knife and Fork Degree!), does discovering a new recipe count as Daily Masonic Advancement?

Share My Freemasonry