My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Flash! GL of Louisiana Votes in Favor of Prince Hall Recognition... Sort Of

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Good for them. PHA LA is reported to have invaded a number of jurisdictions. That is clearly an irregular practice. Regrettably, the other PHA GLs have not taken action, in part, it is said, out of fear of being sued by Mr. Slaughter as indicated by the TN litigation).

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Good for them. PHA LA is reported to have invaded a number of jurisdictions. That is clearly an irregular practice. Regrettably, the other PHA GLs have not taken action, in part, it is said, out of fear of being sued by Mr. Slaughter as indicated by the TN litigation).

Does any of the GLoS see this as invading their territory as well ? Or do they see this as a PH GL issue?

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I’m sure the SGLs if aware are aware, they would consider it an invasion. However, the PHA LA is not recognized by any SGL. So, I guess we can put them on ”double secret probation.”

I’m hearing from many PH masons out of LA the reason for the invasion is “If they don’t recognize us” then it’s open territory. Oddly enough, he (Slaughter) is invading PH GLS that he is in amity with.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I’m hearing from many PH masons out of LA the reason for the invasion is “If they don’t recognize us” then it’s open territory. Oddly enough, he (Slaughter) is invading PH GLS that he is in amity with.
Exactly.
Of course, that was the rationale when some PHA GLs invaded African jurisdictions.

Bro. David F. Hill

David F. Hill
Premium Member
People, please verify your facts before you post. The lawsuit of which you refer to had to do with a rift within the AASRSJPHA over elections and misappropriation of funds by the webmaster. They lost the case. When Louisiana poached some lodges, many PH jurisdictions, including Texas, pulled recognition. Note: there is not a PH GL of France as recognized by the Conference of Grand Masters.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
People, please verify your facts before you post. The lawsuit of which you refer to had to do with a rift within the AASRSJPHA over elections and misappropriation of funds by the webmaster. They lost the case. When Louisiana poached some lodges, many PH jurisdictions, including Texas, pulled recognition. Note: there is not a PH GL of France as recognized by the Conference of Grand Masters.
I dont think anyone said otherwise