My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

France's return to the fold.

memphisrite

For Spain this was a delicate situation while it lasted: as hundreds of brothers requested Masonic assilum (in order to stay regular) in spanish lodges and suddenly the Grand lodge of Spain went from 5000 to 12000 members. So, even if GLNF is back in the fold, it suffered a lot of damage as an institution and may take decades to recover from this episode.

Lazza21

Having a holiday home in France and been a fairly regular visitor to "Eleanor D'Aquitaine Lodge" under GLNF when they were suspended by the UGLE (and most if not all the European Grand Lodges) my English friends living in France who were members of that lodge had to resign in order to remain regular with UGLE. Along with many other French lodges "Eleanor D'Aquitaine" broke away from GLNF, because of the problems, and formed a separate body. I can vouch for the regularity of that lodge from my days of visiting in the past. Unfortunately when the GLNF came back into the fold and recognition was reinstated the breakaway GL couldn't be recognised as UGLE will only recognise one GL per country (State in the USA) so I and my friends in France cannot join or visit that lodge but socially members and former members still meet. I used to enjoy visiting in France and can only hope that eventually the rift will be healed. In the meantime social meetings with friends continue,