My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Freemasonry and the Great Depression

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I have been fascinated with The Great Depression from some time now. Any brothers know of any stories were masons helped each other out during the depression? I'd love to hear them.

R

Ressam

May be I'm wrong but --it's all about -- "monetary unit", Dear Gentlemen!
Of course, many of you will say that: "It's just the comfortable "instrument", which is not "good" or "evil"".
But "that instrument" is definitely The Way/Path -- to World War, as a result, in the end.
I'm absolutely sure that -- GAOTU does not want the existence of "monetary unit" within His Children!
In The Heaven on The Earth.

dfreybur

Premium Member
I have been fascinated with The Great Depression from some time now. Any brothers know of any stories were masons helped each other out during the depression? I'd love to hear them.

My mother lodge Pasadena 272 is one of the few lodges in Los Angeles metro that was able to keep their building through the Depression. There had been a large construction boom in the two decades before the Depression hit. The large lodge buildings in at least Glendale and Hollywood were sold to support members of those lodges during the Depression.

R

Ressam

Honorable Gentlemen!
I think that -- things are very simple, actually!
Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.

What holds Humanity to -- not to start World War III?
Answer: Fear of that there'll be -- Counter Nuclear Strike.
The other question is: for how long -- Fear can be Retaliatory Deterrent?

Cause:
1. Human Psyche is very -- unreliable thing and
2. Aggressive, fear, Negative Emotions are accumulating in The Air, they're not disappearing & influencing people in negative way.

Shortly, I wanted to say that -- Nuclear Weapons are not Solution for keepin' Peace.

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Honorable Gentlemen!
I think that -- things are very simple, actually!
Correct me, please, if I'm wrong.

What holds Humanity to -- not to start World War III?
Answer: Fear of that there'll be -- Counter Nuclear Strike.
The other question is: for how long -- Fear can be Retaliatory Deterrent?

Cause:
1. Human Psyche is very -- unreliable thing and
2. Aggressive, fear, Negative Emotions are accumulating in The Air, they're not disappearing & influencing people in negative way.

Shortly, I wanted to say that -- Nuclear Weapons are not Solution for keepin' Peace.
WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT ??

R

Ressam

No, this statement is completely untrue. The Human Psyche is like a puppy: if left untrained it will pee on the carpet every time. If properly trained it will be your best friend for life.

1. How can it be "trained"? Explain, please.
2. What about situations -- when for example -- cop is goin' crazy and shootin' many times someone without weapons?
Or student in the school, without any reason comin' to classroom and kills his schoolmates?

R

Ressam

The psyche is comprised of several levels (octaves) that might be summarized as physical, emotional and mental.

The physical level is usually subconscious and runs biological systems. This system can be trained to walk, speak, ride, dance, fight, etc.

The emotional system is also trained. For example, at the age of about 2 months a human child will begin to make the emotional response of smiling at seeing the mother. Equally, children subject to abuse quickly become emotionally introverted.

The mental system is also trained. Long ago children were trained to remember multiplication tables and still today children are taught what to believe and what to discard. Sometimes the mental system will refuse, and we say something like: my mind has gone blank, or: it is on the tip of my tongue.

As for people apparently going crazy and shooting lots of people in schools, that seems primarily to be a US phenomenon. It may be a byproduct of some other activity occurring in that country. For example, Sirhan Sirhan says he does not remember killing RFK but accepts that he did it.

There's no need to "divide" Psyche into sub-levels.
I just meant that: Psyche is just -- fragile thing.
Look what's happenin' in The World!
ISIL, terrorists atack on Paris & everywhere, Migration Crisis, war in Ukraine, etc...
Even look at aggresive comments on YouTube or Facebook, or in the news.
The World is just goin' crazy.
And the danger is that -- some have Nuclear Weapons.
There's no guarantee for that -- these guys with nuclear weapons -- suddenly will not become mentally ill. It's Risk.

pointwithinacircle2

Rapscallion
Premium Member
Does the nature of the human psyche come within the hidden mysteries of nature and science?

Is there some part of Masonic Science that deals with the human psyche?
Like gravity, the Human Psyche (HP for short) cannot be detected with the five senses. You cannot touch, taste, see, smell, or hear it. Like gravity, the presence of the HP is inferred by observing it's effect on other things.

Disclaimer: Any similarity between the terms HP and Higher Power is completely incidental. :) :) :) :rolleyes:

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
May be I'm wrong but --it's all about -- "monetary unit", Dear Gentlemen!
Of course, many of you will say that: "It's just the comfortable "instrument", which is not "good" or "evil"".
But "that instrument" is definitely The Way/Path -- to World War, as a result, in the end.
I'm absolutely sure that -- GAOTU does not want the existence of "monetary unit" within His Children!
In The Heaven on The Earth.
What?

R

Ressam

Hi, Friend! Mr.Warrior! Hope you are well.
You know -- "instruments"? Such as -- knife or hammer, for example.
These instruments are not "good" or "evil"(these concepts only existin' within Humans, not in Material World).
But when, for example, you are drunken -- you can kill your Brother with this knife.

So, with the money(as instrument) -- there is same thing!
But instead of vodka, what makes you drunken, there's -- satan, devil!(please don't mix up with Lucifer, he is someone else).
Satan influences all Human Beings in negative way, so that we will destroy, demolish each other.

I just wanted to tell that: money, as the instrument, is created to destroy Humanity, as a result, in The End,
by World War III, nuclear war. If only our Celestial Father could Judge! Boundless, Infinitive Love! He can't!

There's only 1 Solution for Humanity Salvation!
Natural Disaster!
Global Deluge! Mother-Earth will do it!

God bless you, my Friend, warrior! God bless all Freemasons!
God bless everyone on The Earth!
Peace & happiness to all of us!
Amen.

R

Ressam

The earliest form of money known is credit notes for bags of grain. These notes were traded for other goods.

Yes, my Brother James! And that was the mistake!
I think, you'll agree that -- this is the reason for all the wars. Money.
After World War II -- we were given Nuclear Weapons, with the "help" of one of Extraterrestrial Civilization,
who think that -- we are "viruses", crazy bio-robots -- in The Universe.

What do you think, James -- if there'd be no Nuclear Weapons in the hands of Humanity -- would there be WWIII already?

R

Ressam

Certainly some of the more impressive German scientists, after WW2, said "we had help".

On the other hand, there are some reports that aliens, having given toys to Earth humans were taken by surprise when the Earth humans weaponized them in just a few years. These days those aliens are much more careful about what they give.

Thus I would not discount the possibility of Earth humans producing significant technology on their own.

Ok.
But what do you think: Nuclear Weapon is "the solution" for Peace on The Earth or not?

R

Ressam

Since when have weapons been the solution for peace? Relationships are the solution.

Love is Solution, James! True Love. I don't know other options. But, I agree, of course(!) it's very difficult(!!!) to make:

Matthew(5:38-48)
[...38 Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39 But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40 And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41 And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42 Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43 Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44 But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45 That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46 For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47 And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so?
48 Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect...]

P.S. By the way -- these Words absolutely renew Old Testament! Makin' a New Law.

dfreybur

Premium Member
But what do you think: Nuclear Weapon is "the solution" for Peace on The Earth or not?

War is a part of human nature so war is to be controlled and limited not eliminated. This is a sad statement but it does seem to be an accurate assessment the more I study history.

Fiction had atomic weapons in use since the day they were introduced. What actually happened is the scale of wars, which had been growing larger and larger, was reset to smaller sizes. Wars have remained on this smaller scale ever since.

Solution? No. I would call them something more like a leash used to keep a mean dog in a specific yard.

Masonry teaches peace between individuals who would otherwise be forever part. This is a goal that works because among us it happens. We all want that to be able to scale up to peace on larger scales but history shows that does not work.

Masonry teaches that we pursue education, free thought and objectivity. At times what we learn is not what we want. We want peace. We get, at best controls and limitations on wars. May that at some point change.

Bloke

Premium Member
Since when have weapons been the solution for peace? Relationships are the solution.
True.. but it is amazing how one party being armed in a relationship while the other is not will affect the relationship between them...

Back to the OP - in the depression, our GL discussed setting up a work bureau - the idea was rejected as it might have been conceived by those outside as an engine to give "jobs to the boys" and damage our rep....

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
I could see that. This may be off topic, but I've always wondered if back in the day, "mainstream masons" helped Prince hall mainstream in time of need