My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fried Snickers

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
We tried these last year at home.

Ingredients: Frying grease, Filo dough and snickers.

I preferred the smaller ones, but you can use the large snickers as well (put a skewer in them length wise)

Freeze the snickers bar.

Take the frozen snickers, wrap them in filo fought, wetting the ends to seal them.

Drop them in the fryer until they're golden brown and/or float real good.

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
Filo dough is the fancy crepe, almost paper like dough. It's usually found near pie crusts or biscuits - it'll be refrigerated or frozen.

There are some recipes for batter version out there too. But I imagine you can use any reasonable batter you might be use to. Just be sure the snickers are frozen.

I prefer the dough because I can mess up a batter like noones business

Dave in Waco

Premium Member
I'm going to have to give these a try. I've never had a fried snickers before although I've often joked with my friends from up north about them. When I start listing all the fried items at the State Fair, I usually end up having to tell them, "This is the deep south, if it stand still too long, we'll throw it in the fryer."

drapetomaniac

Premium Member
Premium Member
That's gotta be a sin.

I'd say if it was meant to fry something inside of it, the batter should hold. Just don't forget to freeze the snickers.