My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hello from not so sunny Glasgow

Bro. Logan

Hello. My. Name is Chris. I am 35 and I have recently joined Lodge Sir William Wallace No.1504 in Glasgow. I look forward to connecting with brethren worldwide.
Thank you for providing this space for those connections to occur. As a very new mason, I am slightly nervous of some aspects of the etiquette in social interaction with brothers I meet, but this forum extends amazing opportunity for me to gain some advice.
May each and all of your individual journeys be personally lucrative and fulfilling

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Welcome!
I last saw Glasgow 35 years ago... was stationed in Dunoon, lived there and Gourock.
Congratulations on joining the Craft.

Bro. Logan

Thank you brothers.
Yeah, she hasn't changed much. The sky is still just that little bit lower that most places. Haha
I have an uncle that lives in Dunoon and a few friends over in Gourock, but with my hours at work, most of the time we only meet in the city centre. I have the, what I like to call 'hereditary illness' of being a chef, so time off is really just a myth, but we do what we can.
This forum is an excellent space to meet and learn from other brothers, and I for one appreciate the opportunity very much.
Hand across the sea my brothers, and may your own journeys be enlightening

Les Verts

Hello. My. Name is Chris. I am 35 and I have recently joined Lodge Sir William Wallace No.1504 in Glasgow. I look forward to connecting with brethren worldwide.
Thank you for providing this space for those connections to occur. As a very new mason, I am slightly nervous of some aspects of the etiquette in social interaction with brothers I meet, but this forum extends amazing opportunity for me to gain some advice.
May each and all of your individual journeys be personally lucrative and fulfilling
Hail, Hail or Hello, Hello?

Alfie Conn

Hi Chris:
Masonic etiquette dictates no lodge business to conducted online. Also cheer for Celtic, the champions.

coachn

Coach John S. Nagy
Premium Member
Hi Chris:
Masonic etiquette dictates no lodge business to conducted online. Also cheer for Celtic, the champions.
1657927824146.png

Andre van der Lans

Hello Br Chris, welcome to the Freemasonry. Enjoy, work hard and progress diligently.

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi Chris:
Not sure here. While we don't do ceremonial on line here... we have embraced ZOOM meetings, not only for regularly summoned business meetings, but also committee meetings on line.

Winter

Premium Member
I'm still at a loss to see the masonic business being discussed in the original post that necessitated posting the admonition in a 2 year old dead thread.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Hi Chris:
A hint? When you begin on the forum, you will find that very old posts come up for you. You might want to look at the date of the post to see if any response would be timely. You may indeed think it is worthwhile to “raise it from the dead”, but you shall be responsible for the Frankenstein you have created.

Agent orange

Not sure here. While we don't do ceremonial on line here... we have embraced ZOOM meetings, not only for regularly summoned business meetings, but also committee meetings on line.

Cheer for Celtic? This is not a football forum!

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Mobile

Agent orange

Cheer for Celtic? This is not a football form!

Sent from my iPad using My Freemasonry Mobile