I have seen the Star in the East

Discussion in 'Order of the Eastern Star' started by Bro. Stewart P.M., Feb 26, 2009.

1. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I should also add that while school is in session, the kids have choir practice on Wednesday when OES meets thereby making it almost impossible for both of us that time of the year. Your "everyday" babysitter is not qualified to play car-pool...

2. Dana

Dana Registered User

There are also non Masonic moms and dads that can car pool to and from school functions for you.

3. Texasmissy21

Texasmissy21 Registered User

I'm a member! Bryan Chapter #222.

4. Chuckfw

Chuckfw Registered User

Joined OES in 1973 (I think) in Sulphur Springs and was my wifes Worthy Patron at Ridglea #999 in 1992. Had a great time with the ladies and really enjoyed experience. However... the meetings are so very looooooong!

5. Bro. Stewart P.M.

The meetings are a tad long at times.

6. Bro. Bennett

Bro. Bennett Premium Member

Since being raised to the Sublime Degree of MM, I have had 2 members of OES tell me that I should join. I may go to their meeting next month to see if there would be any merit for me, a single man to do so.

7. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro Bennett,

I really enjoyed the OES Degrees that I received when I was initiated into the Order. I think that every Brother should go through the OES Degrees at some point in their Masonic lifetime. Even though you are singe, I know that the ladies need all of the support that we Brethren can give to them and I assure you that you will be WELL cared for by them.

I say GO FOR IT!!

8. RichardRLJ

RichardRLJ Premium Member

I am, but my wife is not. She is afraid they will put her to work. She is a Beauceant, however.

My mother was Past Worthy Matron and a 50 year member.

9. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Well of course they will put her to work... I mean really, what else do we expect...

10. Beathard

Beathard Premium Member

Single and not in the star? Man, you are missing some of the best meals anywhere. Our ladies eat better than we do!

11. kenlew25

kenlew25 Registered User

Being WM is no easy task, but being the WM and WP may be a bit much.

12. choppersteve03

choppersteve03 Premium Member

i will not petition the oes untill my wife does.

13. Ashlar

Ashlar Registered User

I have been in the OES for years . I went in long before my wife because I wanted to support our Chapter , and she was on the fence about petitioning and I am not one to wait around . It worked out wonderfully because not only did it finally give her the push she needed to petition but I was the one who got to put on the work when she did go through .

Luckily the wife and I have no children so we do we please when we please .

14. thor9541

thor9541 Registered User

i am

I have seen the star in east and usage come to worship.

15. Payne

Payne Registered User

My wife and I are members of Beeville Chapter No. 422

16. paco219

paco219 Registered User

Need a little help

I have been one for years. But my wife was thinking about joining of course since i am active. She want to know about the order can any brother direct me to and reading material without giving up any secrets?

Last edited: Jan 13, 2012
  17. KSigMason

KSigMason Traveling Templar Site Benefactor

Re: Need a little help

I have been a member since Nov 09 and I will be moving up to the West (hopefully) this next Spring.

18. BrotherCoffeen

BrotherCoffeen Registered User

Add me as a friend. This is Brother Joseph Coffeen from the lodge.

19. KwajDrafter

KwajDrafter Premium Member

I am a member of Amistad Chapter #1115 in San Antonio, dual with Templar Chapter #374 in Dallas. Past Patron of Plano Chapter #703 in Plano (2007-08).

20. Bro. Kurt P.M.

Bro. Kurt P.M. 2018 14G DCO Premium Member

I am now a member of Lonnie L. Blake Chapter No. 1116 - Order of the Eastern Star

Share My Freemasonry