If They Are Coming For The Knights Of Columbus Is Freemasonry Next?

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by Squire Bentley, Jan 5, 2019.

1. Squire Bentley

Squire Bentley Premium Member

Bloke, Raymond Walters and JMartinez like this.
  2. streeter

streeter Registered User

Thank you for bringing this to my attention. My thoughts? I do not like it at all.

3. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

So much for American Freedom of Association.

4. dfreybur

dfreybur Premium Member

We need to learn the lesson from the UK as they have already been through this.

Glen Cook likes this.
  5. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

Interesting read, but KofC are Catholics only, whereas Masons are all religions and beliefs. You could be a Wiccan, Buddhist, Hindu or Druid and have not opinion whatsoever on certain issues whereas Catholics have pretty strict adherences. I think the comparison is pretty silly really.

6. Winter

Winter Premium Member

I don't think the correlation is there in the way the author believes. Two Democrats grilled a potential appointee about his association with a group that is vocally opposed to controversial causes that are supported by Democrats. Namely, abortion and gay rights. These questions could not have come as a surprise to anyone on either side and if they did, someone needs new staffers. And as soon as Freemasonry comes out with an official stance on these subjects I will be concerned. Note: one GL in the US recently kicked out everyone it knew to be homosexual and I made my views known about how i felt on that matter.

As for standing arm in arm with the KofC on the matter? Absolutely not. As soon as the Catholic church issues an apology for centuries of Papal Bulls condemning us as the ringleaders in the Church of Satan I may consider a more cordial stance. Until then, they will get no succor from me.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

drw72 and Bill Lins like this.
  7. coachn

coachn Coach John S. Nagy Premium Member

Some, but not all...
    Right there with ya.

8. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Kind of scary!

Share My Freemasonry