My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'm so old I can remember....

Raymond Walters

Premium Member
I AM SO OLD THAT I CAN REMEMBER...

GOING TO KELLER'S GENERAL STORE IN BELLAIRE, OHIO AS A SMALL CHILD WITH .25 cents AND WALKING OUT WITH A BAG FULL OF CANDY...

TONKA TOY DUMP TRUCKS [STILL HAVE SOME]...

HOT WHEELS CAR THAT FIT INTO A CASE SHAPED LIKED A TIRE [STILL HAVE SOME OF THOSE IN THE CASE]...

LISTENING TO 8 TRACK TAPES [STILL HAVE THOSE AND AN 8 TRACK PLAYER TO LISTEN TO THEM ON]...

BEING POOR, BUT TOO YOUNG TO HAVE A CONCEPT OF MONEY...

HAVING MY PARENTS , GRANDPARENTS, AND EXTENDED FAMILY ACTUALLY INVOLVED IN MY LIFE...

BEING ABLE TO ENJOY HOLIDAYS, BECAUSE EVERYTHING ACTUALLY WAS CLOSED ON A HOLIDAY...

A LOCAL PHONE CALL ON A PAYPHONE COSTING .10 cents...

A PACK OF CIGARETTES ONLY COSTING .50 TO .75 cents...

PRO KEDS SNEAKERS...

REMEMBERING WHEN FREEMASONS WERE RESPECTED MEMBERS OF THE COMMUNITY AND INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY AND CHURCHES...

Ratchet

not in chronological order
I remember pre-tail finned Chevys,Cadillacs, & Chryslers
Hudsons, Packards,DeSotos, & Henry Js
penny candy & pop for a nickel
women & girls wearing hats & gloves and carrying purses to church
playing army in our fort (I imagine that's taboo now !!!!) with our toy rifles & pistols
watching 3 Stooges,Tarzan,Sky King,Zorro,Lone Ranger,Sea Hunt,Combat,12 o'Clock High,Rat Patrol, & The Rifleman
Street cars
Sputnik, Echo balloons, & Telstar
What a life full of memories !!!!!

JJones

My video game poisons were Goldeneye and Ocarina of time on the 64. For the SNES they were Final Fantasy 3 and Chrono Trigger. No telling how many hours of my life I wasted on those games!

Traveling Man

Premium Member
When games like "Colossal Cave" and "Adventure" were played on 16 bit MiniComputers while other programs were running in the background.

Developing application programs in machine language for Intel's 4004...

CajunTinMan

When computers had no hard drives. And when we got to beta test a new program in college called windows. We never thought it would catch on but the flying windows were neat.

widows son

Premium Member
Ya shinobi was unreal, Mortal kombat series was awesome too, chrono trigger I remember being great, same with Zelda and goldeneye. Ghostbusters for sega or snes, was a good one, robocop vs the terminator was one of my favs. Also FIFA soccer, mutant league football, wolfenstein, doom, duke nukem, and star fox.

Bro_Vick

Premium Member
Favorite game on Atari? Pitfall, first time playing it was so much fun!

Regular Nintendo: Megaman, Wrestling Games (WWF and others), Super Mario, Zelda, etc.