My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

CLewey44

This is honestly why I blog now.

I get into a good conversation with another brother and someone interjects and the whole conversation goes off on a tangent. Any good points I had to make lose their relevance.

When I write a post I can say everything I have to say though. :)
Exactly. But these gents need to not do that so often...you finally find someone you can have an interesting conersation with, they allude to some esoteric things and BOOM "Hey Steve, STEVE, James here works at the same hospital as you. Come over here real quick and meet him...tell him which way you drive into work to avoid traffic."

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
you finally find someone you can have an interesting conersation with, they allude to some esoteric things and BOOM "Hey Steve, STEVE, James here works at the same hospital as you. Come over here real quick and meet him...tell him which way you drive into work to avoid traffic."
Lol!

hanzosbm

Premium Member
Exactly. But these gents need to not do that so often...you finally find someone you can have an interesting conersation with, they allude to some esoteric things and BOOM "Hey Steve, STEVE, James here works at the same hospital as you. Come over here real quick and meet him...tell him which way you drive into work to avoid traffic."
This is so accurate it pains me.
Our lodge is quite small, so for the last St John's dinner we held it jointly with the local college of the SRICF. Needless to say, the opportunity for some great conversations was there. I'm just starting to get into a good one with a few of the fraters and I get the aforementioned "Hey Steve, STEVE!" (my name is Steve by the way) "Come meet the Past Arch Most Worshipful Grand Elite Pooba! Wait till you see all of his lapel pins. We're all lining up to kiss his ring, you'd better save a spot!"

CLewey44

This is so accurate it pains me.
Our lodge is quite small, so for the last St John's dinner we held it jointly with the local college of the SRICF. Needless to say, the opportunity for some great conversations was there. I'm just starting to get into a good one with a few of the fraters and I get the aforementioned "Hey Steve, STEVE!" (my name is Steve by the way) "Come meet the Past Arch Most Worshipful Grand Elite Pooba! Wait till you see all of his lapel pins. We're all lining up to kiss his ring, you'd better save a spot!"

Lol, that's a hilarious title. It is very frustrating to say the least. Meetings are a social gathering but I can b.s. about whatever outside of work. I get about 2 hours a month, maybe more, to have these Masonic related discussions yet some brothers just ain't having it lol.

Bloke

Premium Member
Were a bit off topic here, but I agree, I hate conversations being interrupted by Toasts, but I run them so I dont have that problem anymore :) Always remember, there is nothing wrong with responding to "Come meet the Past Arch Most Worshipful Grand Elite Pooba! Wait till you see all of his lapel pins." with "I'd love to but would love just to finish this conversation" and you can always add "because it would be being rude to my brother to leave midway through". ... it's the only way I get to do anything much in the South..