My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Just when we thought we dodged the fire.

Beathard

Premium Member
Just when we thought we dodged it, three weeks later the whole county is on fire. This one is 16 miles long and 1/2 mile from the house. Hope our luck holds up.

Attachments

• image-2110993544.png
    image-2110993544.png
    257.8 KB · Views: 527
  • image-3938359493.png
    image-3938359493.png
    420.3 KB · Views: 525

CTx Mason

My prayers are with you Brother, my Mother also lives in Bastrop, but I think its going to miss her home this time

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Latest report on the Bastrop County fire is that it now covers an area 16 miles by 6 miles wide, and is about 10% controlled. I don't know precisely where Bro. Beathard is located, but the winds are out of the north so, hopefully, the fire is moving away from him. Our prayers will continue.

Beathard

Premium Member
We are on the NE corner of the fire. It is about 1/2 mile away. Luckily the winds are blowing away from us. I just hope they control it before the winds change.

jwhoff

Premium Member
I traveled through that area on my trip to and from Waco a couple of weeks ago. Yes, it was plenty dry. Hope everything is still okay and no one is adversely affected. Though I can't see how something this big wouldn't cause troubles for someone.

Here's pulling for all the folks around those parts.

Beathard

Premium Member
25000 acres, 20 miles x 5 miles, and 500 houses gone. Just evacuated. Hope it's there when I get back.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Coming back from Austin this evening, we could see the smoke all the way over at Bellville.

Beathard

Premium Member
Used a large pump and swimming pool to save a buddy's house in the middle of it. He lost a garage and out buildings, and the pool is empty, but the house is standing.

Beathard

Premium Member
I'm still ok, but 1386 houses in the area are gone. Several brothers lost their homes. 35000 acres burned. Electricity is out to most of the area. Water is not available to large sections of the county. I have lived through several hurricanes and floods. They are bad, but this is really bad.

Brent Heilman

Premium Member
Glad to hear you are okay Brother. My continued prayers are with you and all the people being affected by this tragedy.

Last edited: