My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Knights of St. Andrew

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Squires are Brothers being prepared for membership by a Knight of the KSA.
Exactly. In my jurisdiction you have to be a squire for a minimum of 6 months and be a regular participant in the meetings and events before being elevated to Knight.

Winter

Premium Member
I plan on joining the local Valley here so I can participate with the KSA. I just need to get a letter from my previous Valley with proof that I demitted. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
I plan on joining the local Valley here so I can participate with the KSA. I just need to get a letter from my previous Valley with proof that I demitted. Just haven't gotten around to it.

Transmitted via my R5 astromech.
Good luck in this endeavor Brother. I'm sure that you would enjoy the KSA.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
Thanks. I have 6 kilts and all the accouterments and various jackets for every occasion. It would give me more opportunity to wear them!
Since you're now in Florida, is there such a thing as a "summer service" kilt? :cool:

Winter

Premium Member
Since you're now in Florida, is there such a thing as a "summer service" kilt? :cool:

For comfort, I recommend a Utilikilt. I have had mine for probably 15 years and I love it. But as for regular kilts, if you wrap your loins in wool in Florida, expect something of a greenhouse effect.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
For comfort, I recommend a Utilikilt. I have had mine for probably 15 years and I love it. But as for regular kilts, if you wrap your loins in wool in Florida, expect something of a greenhouse effect.
Lol....good point Brother.

The Traveling Man

So when someone petitions they become a Squire? Or you become a Squire before you petition?
On one of our Valley's websites it says to contact the Secretary for a petition so I was curious. Is the process different in different Valley's?

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
So when someone petitions they become a Squire? Or you become a Squire before you petition?
On one of our Valley's websites it says to contact the Secretary for a petition so I was curious. Is the process different in different Valley's?
When you petition and the petition is voted on and you are accepted you become a Squire. This is the way that it is in my jurisdiction.

The Traveling Man

When you petition and the petition is voted on and you are accepted you become a Squire. This is the way that it is in my jurisdiction.

As a Squire, is advancement to Knight based on performance, or is a Squire advanced automatically after a certain period of time?
I've read there there is no official standard with KSA (other than the black cap) so I assume that things are probably done different in each Orient (or maybe in each Valley).

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
As a Squire, is advancement to Knight based on performance, or is a Squire advanced automatically after a certain period of time?
I've read there there is no official standard with KSA (other than the black cap) so I assume that things are probably done different in each Orient (or maybe in each Valley).
In my Orient and Valley advancement is pretty much automatic as long as you participate in activities and show that you have a real interest.