My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Letter of good standing? In TX?

jwardl

A Letter of Good Standing means that you are current on your dues, and have not been suspended or expelled. One who doesn't meet those requirements wouldn't qualify.

A brother would start by going to the Secretary of his lodge.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
Here in England it is called a "Clearance certificate or letter". It is produced by the Secretary of the Lodge and must be on Lodge headed paper it will usually detail when you were IPRd and state that you are not indebted to your Lodge.

JJones

I just went through this process myself. Contact your secretary for your home lodge about it, he should be able to mail you what you need.

Best of luck!

cemab4y

Premium Member
No, a Masonic Passport is a record book, that you buy from a retailer. Then when you visit a lodge, you get the secretary of the lodge you visit, to make a notation in the "diary" section. A masonic passport is a "keepsake" only, and it is not the same as a LOGS.

I have been a Mason for 33 yrs, and I have never needed a LOGS. If you wish to visit a lodge in the USA or Canada, all you need is your paid up dues card from a regular lodge. That is your "ticket" to visit lodges.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
No, a Masonic Passport is a record book, that you buy from a retailer. Then when you visit a lodge, you get the secretary of the lodge you visit, to make a notation in the "diary" section. A masonic passport is a "keepsake" only, and it is not the same as a LOGS.

I have been a Mason for 33 yrs, and I have never needed a LOGS. If you wish to visit a lodge in the USA or Canada, all you need is your paid up dues card from a regular lodge. That is your "ticket" to visit lodges.
Thank you for all of the info brother.

cemab4y

Premium Member
My story is quite unique. I joined Bowling Green Lodge #73 in KY, when I was in college (1982). In 2005, I was working in Iraq, and the Macedonian lodge in Quincy Mass, sent some items over to the troops for me to distribute. I sent them a US Flag, with a certificate, that it had been flown on a combat base. Macedonian lodge voted me in as an honorary member. The lodge was satisfied that I was a MM in good standing.

Later the Macedonian lodge decided to vote me in as a full member, even though I never applied. I was very touched by their kindness.

I guess that different GLs have different methods of determining if a man is a MM in good standing.

Douglas Young

Get yours at https://www.etsy.com/listing/260428720/royal-blue-masonic-passport-2017?ref=shop_home_feat_1
il_570xN.1215410711_1jzb.jpg

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I did it by attending lodge in NM with my current dues card. Then after awhile turned in a petition for affiliation
For a member of a GLoTX Lodge to do that would require him to send his petition for affiliation, along with a Certificate of Good Standing signed by his WM and sealed by his Secretary, to his Grand Secretary, who would forward it to the Grand Secretary of the other Grand Lodge, who would forward it to their Lodge. Once that Lodge approved the petition, they would send that information to their Grand Secretary, who would forward it to the GLoTX Grand Secretary, who would send it back to the Brother's Lodge. Unwieldy, but proper Masonic protocol.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
So if i got stationed in TX i couldnt show up with a current dues card from both NM and OR and attend lodge a few times then turn in a petition for affiliation? Cause in Oregon we have plastic dues cards with oyr member number on them and the GL website has a spot to search for those numbers and it will tell u if that brother is in good standing or not

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

David Duke

Premium Member
So if i got stationed in TX i couldnt show up with a current dues card from both NM and OR and attend lodge a few times then turn in a petition for affiliation? Cause in Oregon we have plastic dues cards with oyr member number on them and the GL website has a spot to search for those numbers and it will tell u if that brother is in good standing or not

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Bro. Bill has it right, you would need a Certificate of Good Standing from your parent lodge. If they don't issue certificates a letter would suffice. All of this has to go through the respective Grand Lodges.

David Duke
Secretary
Sam B Crawford #1418
New Caney, TX