My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Lucifer and Satan

Status
Not open for further replies.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
All scripture is interpretation and translation. I am the first one to freely admit that what I posted is the same interpretation from translation.

Were you asking me for the Bible quote of the Pike quote?

Isaiah 14:12-14King James Version (KJV)
12 How art thou fallen from heaven, O Lucifer, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations!

That is not a reference to Satan. It is well known that any connection between that and Satan is nothing but a folk superstition with absolutely no evidence behind it. I notice how you intentionally refused to quote the full context. If you do not blasphemously play paper dolls with Scripture, it is quite plain that it is about the King of Babylon during Isaiah's own lifetime and not a supernatural being at all.

As for the Pike quote, it's irrelevant to me, since I consider Pike to be but one voice among many who are all Masonic scholars.

Rick Carver

Premium Member
That is not a reference to Satan. It is well known that any connection between that and Satan is nothing but a folk superstition with absolutely no evidence behind it. I notice how you intentionally refused to quote the full context. If you do not blasphemously play paper dolls with Scripture, it is quite plain that it is about the King of Babylon during Isaiah's own lifetime and not a supernatural being at all.

As for the Pike quote, it's irrelevant to me, since I consider Pike to be but one voice among many who are all Masonic scholars.

This is great! Not only am I chastised for not quoting the entire Book of Isaiah, I also get accused of blasphemy and playing with paper dolls. HOW BROTHERLY of you. There are ways for Bothers to discuss and to disagree and yet maintain Masonic decorum. This is not it. Most people come to Masonic forums to learn and not to witness the work of Ruffians.

The statement that Pike is irrelevant to you is irrelevant to me and to this discussion. The world is not only about you. You asked for the quotes and I gave them to you.

Last edited:

jjjjjggggg

Premium Member
This is great! Not only am I chastised for not quoting the entire Book of Isaiah, I also get accused of blasphemy and playing with paper dolls. HOW BROTHERLY of you. There are ways for Bothers to discuss and to disagree and yet maintain Masonic decorum. This is not it. Most people come to Masonic forums to learn and not to witness the work of Ruffians.

The statement that Pike is irrelevant to you is irrelevant to me and to this discussion. The world is not only about you. You asked for the quotes and I gave them to you.

Rick, welcome to the club. I think his level is broke.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Remember, if you dare to disagree with the One True Dogma, you are no longer "Brotherly". You must agree that "Lucifer" MUST refer to Satan, particularly in Isaiah, or you are not and cannot be "Brotherly".

JJones

Differences in opinions are to be expected. Peace and harmony is also expected.

I can't think of any nicer way to put it, don't allow this thread to degrade any further.

Status
Not open for further replies.