My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Master Mason Q

Paul hanley

Good aft bro George, I was installed as a steward in my lodge approx 3 months after getting initiated, we currently have 6 stewards under a chief steward , it's a fantastic job gets you familiar with all Brethren ,

The Traveling Man

I filled in as a Steward for an EA degree, while I was an EA. I also sat as Steward, during a business meeting, as an FC.

But I do believe, in my Jurisdiction, you have to be an MM to be installed in any office. In my Jurisdiction, although it's not in the Book, they don't 'want' anyone who isn't a PM serving as Secretary or Treasurer. They also dont 'want' new members serving as Wardens.

The Traveling Man

SDs are appointed in my jurisdictions. Our only elected officers are WM, SW, JW, Treasurer and Sec'y. There are appointments for all other seats.

Sent from my SM-T377P using My Freemasonry mobile app
In my Jurisdiction, by default, WM, SW, JW, Treasurer and Secretary are elected. But Lodges have the authority to elect all officers if it's in their bylaws.

Sent from my SM-G930P using My Freemasonry mobile app