My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Membership

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
I'm very interested too can anyone help? Please!
Welcome. But I am confused. Are you already a MM. (your profile says you are a MM)Or are you wanting to become a Mason. If you want Info on becoming a Mason The brothers here are very helpful. 2 BE 1 ASK 1 Good luck and again Welcome.

Last edited:

crono782

Premium Member
Welcome. But I am confused. Are you already a MM. (your profile says you are a MM)Or are you wanting to become a Mason. If you want Info on becoming a Mason The brothers here are very helpful. 2 BE 1 ASK 1 Good luck and again Welcome.

If I remember right, the forum defaults to "Yes" on the "Are you a Master Mason" question. If you don't udate your profile accordingly, it will show that.

Solomon1963

I am not a Mason, I am seeking the Light and I havr been directrd to a wonder Worshipful Master who will help me begin my journey. God bless you all.

m850n

I live in San Antonio. I asked my uncle who is a mason out of Colorado and he asked me to ask some one here where I can attend an open house and become a member of this terribly misunderstood brotherhood. Please and thanks for your time.

Freemason Connect Mobile

DJGurkins

Floresville #515
Premium Member
[h=2]
icon1.png
Re: Membership[/h]
quote " I live in San Antonio. I asked my uncle who is a mason out of Colorado and he asked me to ask some one here where I can attend an open house and become a member of this terribly misunderstood brotherhood. Please and thanks for your time." un-quote

I can tell you what I was told. Go to a few lodges meet the Brothers and find the lodge that fits you. then it is as simple as asking for a Petition. 2BE1ASK1. Good luck and welcome to the forum. there are many Brothers here who will do everything in there power to help you on your journey. Good luck​

Last edited:

m850n

Thanks for the advice. How can I find lodges near me? Can I visit. WWW. grand lodge of Texas.com

Freemason Connect Mobile

m850n

What is the difference. ? I really want to learn. And better myself by bettering others. How do I find the lodge that fits me and where I fit in

Freemason Connect Mobile

crono782

Premium Member
Hah, ok. I've been replying in both threads. Let's just stick to this one thread, ok? ;)

In a nutshell both 'mainstream' and prince hall masonry are freemasonry. They are two separate bodies with their own history and such. Prince Hall masonry is predominately african american. It is important to note, however, that neither organization prevents anybody from obtaining membership.That really is the basic difference. (see: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prince_Hall_Freemasonry )

The lodge that fits you and where you fit in is entirely subjective to YOU. :) You may PM me if you wish as well.

bupton52

Premium Member
What is the difference. ? I really want to learn. And better myself by bettering others. How do I find the lodge that fits me and where I fit in

Freemason Connect Mobile

Even though each jurisdiction may have its own special way of doing things, fundamentally the two are the same. The answer for the existence of both of these masonic bodies can be found in history. To make a long story short, Prince Hall was an African American man who petitioned to join what is considered a "mainstream" lodge and was denied because of his race. He, and 14 other men, were eventually made a mason at another "mainstream" lodge, but with severe limitations on what they could do. He petitioned the Grand Lodge of England for a charter and it was granted. That was the start of the existence of the two parallel bodies of freemasonry that exist today. Prince Hall paved the way for many African-American men to become members of the fraternity because of doors that were closed because of their race. This happened in the 1700's so slavery was popular during that time. In all states except for 9 in the South, the "Mainstream" and Prince Hall Grand Lodges mutually recognize each other as brother masons. It is my hope that during my lifetime, I will see those 9 states come on board and recognize each other as well.