Movies with esoteric themes

Discussion in 'General Freemasonry Discussion' started by • RM, Oct 28, 2018.

1. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

To understand Apocalypse now its good to read "Heart of darkness" wich was inspiration.
    Not that masonic but highly psyholigical.

• RM likes this.
  2. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

So I'm walking by the tv yesterday and my son was watching He-Man, I look for a second and this pops up:

Orko2.PNG

Had to show this, two of them are quite Masonic, maybe all four are and I'm not versed enough. This happens all the time.

3. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Atleast one of them is older then freemasonry and is often found in old churches.

4. Brother JC

Brother JC Vigilant Staff Member

I’m guessing your first choice would be the all-seeing eye? Here is where we need to separate “masonic” from “used by masons.”
    The eye in question was in use in religious art for centuries before the first grand lodge was formed. It references Deity’s omnipresence as well as the Christian Trinity. Just one more symbol masons appropriated along the way.
    But it does make a good foil for every flavour of fiction.

5. CLewey44

CLewey44 Registered User

For sure but in modern context it's typically less of a religious symbol than Masonic. It's on some aprons, tracing boards etc. The cross and similarly the Ankh came way before Christian symbolism but very few people see one today and think Ancient Egyptian Religions.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Have to agree!

7. • RM

• RM Registered User

33 and beyond

8. • RM

• RM Registered User

the holy mountain

Share My Freemasonry