My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Needing for immigration, lawyer urgently

Honestguy

Subject: Urgent Assistance Needed for Citizenship Application

Dear Freemasons brothers,

I am reaching out to you today with a matter of utmost importance that requires your guidance and support. I apologize for the urgency of this request, but I find myself in a difficult situation and in need of immediate assistance.

I am currently unwell and writing on behalf of my father, who is facing significant challenges in his citizenship application process. We filed for a waiver for my father's citizenship due to his disability, but we have encountered numerous obstacles that have left us feeling helpless.

During the citizen interview, my father was assigned a lady who refused to allow me to be present with him. This was distressing for my father, who is 73 years old and suffers from dementia and Alzheimer's. He felt insecure without me by his side, and the situation escalated when I tried to address the issue with the supervisor. The lady became confrontational, leaving my father extremely scared and anxious. He even expressed concerns about losing his green card, which further escalated the situation.

Despite a change in the supervisor in the officers handling my father's case . The new continued to display hostility ( because everybody in the floor hurt, my father, loud voice in cries of him worrying to lose his green card) It seemed that my father's disability and our insistence on being together during the interview created a negative atmosphere. To make matters worse, my father was made to sign something during the interview that appeared suspicious. Later, we received a letter requesting additional information, which contradicted the reason given for the deletion of the information my father signed. We diligently provided all the requested information by mail but our application was still denied.

We strongly believe that the denial was a result of our insistence on being together during the interview and advocating for my father's rights as a person with a disability. It feels like a clear act of retaliation. Unfortunately and we are at a loss as to who we should turn to for help in this situation. I am deeply upset for my father, and I am concerned about how to break the news to him regarding the status of his citizenship application. It has always been his dream to become a citizen before he leaves this world, and it is disheartening to see such unfair treatment after being in America for 13 years. Let alone that he’s my only immediate family that I have in this country beside my minor son.

I am reaching out to you, my Freemasons brothers, in the hope that you can provide guidance or connect us with someone who can assist us in navigating this complex situation. Any advice or support you can offer would be greatly appreciated. Time is running out, as my father's health is declining rapidly due to his Alzheimer's and dementia.

Thank you for taking the time to read this message,, and I eagerly await your response. Your assistance in this matter would mean the world to my father and me.

Sincerely,
Your brother

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
That why I’m here looking for hopefully a mason brother as well. Thank you Sir
I don’t mean to be harsh, but really, this is not the place to look. We are spread all over the world. You say this is urgent. You are wasting your time. You shouldn’t care if they are a Mason. This is not a Bar directory. Do a search for an immigration attorney in your town

Honestguy

Brother I’m doing everything in my power to do so I’m looking everywhere. I’m trying to use all the resources possibly can including politicians

If I can’t find one here who is amazing that’ll be great. If not, whatever comes first I’m OK with it. Thank you so much brother.

Honestguy

No not yet. We just found out about it yesterday late in the day. Also, I’m waiting on the official letter that I should be receiving on Monday and now it’s the weekend. That’s why I’m looking here. Meanwhile, to see if I can find a brother who can help but at the same time I’ve been emailing a lot of people and trying to contact a lot of people so we’ll see.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
No not yet. We just found out about it yesterday late in the day. Also, I’m waiting on the official letter that I should be receiving on Monday and now it’s the weekend. That’s why I’m looking here. Meanwhile, to see if I can find a brother who can help but at the same time I’ve been emailing a lot of people and trying to contact a lot of people so we’ll see.
Best of luck.