My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

new to masonry just started on my EA degree

jwhoff

Premium Member
Oakdale ... 167 north just east of Iowa. My sister-in-law's grandparents lived there. I grew up in Lake Charles but once worked in Alexandria and made the run up 167 twice a weekend. Also had some relatives living in Forest Hill.

Welcome brother. Welcome to the boards.

jeanjohnson

masons

Yes brother that's where I'm at LOL but your close its not 167 its hwy 165 but I know what ur talking bout

jwhoff

Premium Member
Re: masons

Yes brother that's where I'm at LOL but your close its not 167 its hwy 165 but I know what ur talking bout

Check with your secretary and see if there is history of Brother Pete Daveon (can't be sure of the spelling) having been a member or raised there 50-60 years ago. Brother Pete was my sister-in-law's uncle and a fellow brother with my father and the brethren in Lake Charles when I knew him. He grew up in Oakdale. Great man! Great man!

Brother Pete was one of those masons in the background that looked after my welfare when my father passed away shortly after my 14th birthday. I didn't know how close they all were until years later when I thought back on it and remembered how much more male support I received that my friends with fathers.

Brother, this fraternity is the greatest!

I owe, I owe, there's much more work to go.

Last edited: