My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Past Sovereign Grand Commander David Glattly 33° Expelled from the Scottish Rite NMJ

by Christopher L. Hodapp

The Supreme Council of the Ancient Accepted Scottish Rite NMJ has announced on its website this evening that it has voted to expel Past Sovereign Grand Commander David A. Glattly, 33° from its rolls. (Click the image below to enlarge.)

1J5O6vlw2nP8eqIOg4QmT9raMkrBhDpQS

No reasons for his expulsion were stated in the post or the letter, but it comes about a month after Glattly’s long and detailed letter was published on this site at his request, explaining his side of events that led to his abrupt resignation from the SGC position in 2022.

For those who are confused by Masonic bureaucracy, appendant bodies, or jurisprudence details, it should be understood that David is also a Past Grand Master from the Grand Lodge of New Jersey, and he remains a member of the fraternity – he's only been expelled by the Scottish Rite NMJ.

See the original post HERE: ASR NMJ Past Commander David Glattly Speaks Out

Continue reading...

Ill John J. Tumolo III

I am quite confused as to why this Brother has been expelled from our ranks. I and the other attendees at Cleveland were saddened when Glattly told us he was already stepping down due to health issues. An expulsion was certainly not something any of us expected. There has been no explanation to us as 33rds, at least not that I've been made aware of. As a Past Master of my Blue Lodge, this type of thing only happens to someone that has been convicted of a felony or has done something so scurrilous that it has brought dishonor to the Brother and the Fraternity. What has happened here? I feel we ALL deserve an explanation, considering this action has been done to a Past Sovereign Grand Commander.

Jay Thompson

Funny how I received this email but it doesn’t explain why he was expelled. Just that he was. And that’s how I know it’s nonsense, because an incident of this magnitude requires an explanation and supporting evidence, yet none was provided.

- Withholding evidence is an action which informs the viewer/researcher/investigator that the hidden information will likely negate portions or all of the narrative/accusations originally placed
- Without a proper investigation, any future statements on the matter should be taken with heavy skepticism as they will have had ample opportunity to fabricate their findings to fit their conclusions.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
I am quite confused as to why this Brother has been expelled from our ranks. I and the other attendees at Cleveland were saddened when Glattly told us he was already stepping down due to health issues. An expulsion was certainly not something any of us expected. There has been no explanation to us as 33rds, at least not that I've been made aware of. As a Past Master of my Blue Lodge, this type of thing only happens to someone that has been convicted of a felony or has done something so scurrilous that it has brought dishonor to the Brother and the Fraternity. What has happened here? I feel we ALL deserve an explanation, considering this action has been done to a Past Sovereign Grand Commander.
I don’t know the law of your jurisdiction. Why are 33 holders of your jurisdiction owed an explanation?

Ill John J. Tumolo III

I don’t know the law of your jurisdiction. Why are 33 holders of your jurisdiction owed an explanation?
The 33rds in our jurisdiction are the ones responsible for running our Valley. It's not only the 33rds that deserve an explanation, it's the entire Membership. And I don't want to hear some nonsense that it was "an internal matter/personnel issue" You have expelled a Past SGC-we all DESERVE to know and understand why. Period.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
The 33rds in our jurisdiction are the ones responsible for running our Valley. It's not only the 33rds that deserve an explanation, it's the entire Membership. And I don't want to hear some nonsense that it was "an internal matter/personnel issue" You have expelled a Past SGC-we all DESERVE to know and understand why. Period.
Chill, son. I simply asked a question. I haven’t expelled anyone and I didn’t give any excuse. Go bark like that at the person in charge of your Orient or your SGC.

We appear to agree that being a 33 by itself gives you no superior rights under your law.

Ill John J. Tumolo III

Chill, son. I simply asked a question. I haven’t expelled anyone and I didn’t give any excuse. Go bark like that at the person in charge of your Orient or your SGC.

We appear to agree that being a 33 by itself gives you no superior rights under your law.
First off, I'm not your "son", and you have somehow gleaned that I was directing my anger at you. Sorry, it's not you, it's the Supreme Council to whom I have sworn my fealty that these remarks are directed to.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
First off, I'm not your "son", and you have somehow gleaned that I was directing my anger at you. Sorry, it's not you, it's the Supreme Council to whom I have sworn my fealty that these remarks are directed to.
It's Scottish slang, not implying relationship.

You weren't speaking to your SC. You were speaking to me, another mason, in public. Your SC isn't part of the conversation.

That's why I said, "Go bark like that at the person in charge of your Orient or your SGC.".

If he is at the GM Conference, I'm happy to give him a screenshot of your comments.

Oh, and putting a masonic title in the front of your name that only applies within a particular order or rite doesn't get you very far In social media.

Now that we have all that out of the way, shall we play nice?