Process Delayed

Discussion in 'Becoming a Prince Hall Freemason' started by Derinique Kendrick, Jan 17, 2015.

1. Derinique Kendrick

Derinique Kendrick Registered User

I hate that this is the update that I am giving to the ones of the forum that are familiar with me, but my process has been postponed due to the fact that I was laid off from my job this week.

While this is very disappointing, I am trying to find a bright side to it all. I am persistently applying to jobs hoping not to be unemployed long. Once I find something the road to becoming a Mason will continue.

2. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

That's tough. Best of luck.

3. mrpierce17

mrpierce17 KOP Council director / Lodge instructor Premium Member

Keep your head up my friend masonry will be there once you find employment we want you to have a job otherwise how could you pay your dues?? This is just a small delay.. Best of luck to you.

Derinique Kendrick likes this.
  4. Derinique Kendrick

Thanks and I totally understand that it will be waiting once I get back on my feet. Just kinda bummed cuz it seemed like it happened at the most inconvenient time as I felt I was so ready to make my move. But you're right, just gonna capitalize when the opportunity presents itself.

5. Derek Harvey

Derek Harvey Registered User

Keep your head up.

6. Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton Registered User

Remain active in trying to help assist in the lodge while you have some idle time. Keep your head up as the others have said and your time will come.

7. Derinique Kendrick

Will do @Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton likes this.
  8. Bro. Stewart P.M.

Bro. Stewart P.M. Lead Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Keep your chin up!

Everything worth while takes both effort and time. Masonry will still be here when you are ready.

9. Derinique Kendrick

Thanks for the encouraging words @Bro. Stewart P.M. Still working towards accomplishing this goal

10. Derinique Kendrick

This didn't have as much as an affect as I thought it would. I think I came across a new job today (fingers crossed) so I should be back in action really soon. One of the first lessons of Patience in regards of becoming a Mason actually came into play to help me stay in good spirits and to keep faith while job hunting. This just makes me even more eager to learn as much as I can to apply to my everyday life!

11. Derinique Kendrick

UPDATE!!! My petition has FINALLY been granted!! I haven't looked over and started it just yet, but I plan on doing so ASAP! Just stoked I actually have it in my possession now. Looking forward to the application process.

12. Ghost

Ghost Premium Member

Congrats

13. Derinique Kendrick

14. MRichard

MRichard Mark A. Ri'chard Premium Member

Do you mean that your petition was read in at the stated meeting after you turned it in or you just got your petition? Regardless, congrats on your progress. Patience, it will be worth it!!!

15. Derinique Kendrick

I just got it. Plan to turn it in as soon as possible. And thanks a lot I'm keeping that in mind. @MRichard

MRichard likes this.
  16. Derinique Kendrick

I turned it in today and it should be read at the next meeting which is next week. I guess it's back to the waiting game now, but hopefully not for long. Still feeling good about it though.

bupton52 and mrpierce17 like this.
  17. Derinique Kendrick

It was turned in to the lodge tonight for their meeting. I don't know if it was just turned in to the secretary of if they went ahead and read it though. I'll find out in due time though I guess

18. Bro. Staton

Bro. Staton Registered User

Thanks for the update and at least you are finally moving forward at this point. Keep us posted and follow up today if it was read and reviewed.

19. Derinique Kendrick

Share My Freemasonry