Reinstatement question

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by otherstar, Mar 4, 2015.

  1. otherstar

    otherstar Registered User

    About 11 years ago, I got a dimit from my Blue Lodge and went suspended/nonpay in both the Scottish and the York Rites. Two years ago, I was reinstated in the Blue Lodge. I'm considering re-joining at least the Chapter and Council, but I have no idea how to go about it, or more importantly how much it will cost. Is the procedure like the Blue Lodge where you only owe a portion of back dues?

    I know there are bodies near where I live that I could transfer to once re-instated because my original York Rite bodies are too far away to make involvement practical.

    Thanks in advance.
  2. Bill Lins

    Bill Lins Moderating Staff Staff Member

    I'd suggest you contact the Secretaries of the Chapter & Council nearest you- they should be able to advise you.
    otherstar and Glen Cook like this.
  3. Companion Joe

    Companion Joe Premium Member

    Agreed on contacting the secretary. I don't know this to be 100 percent accurate, but I think the general rule of thumb is you have to pay the dues for the year which you were suspended, a small restoration fee, and the dues for the current year. Plus, you have to be ballotted on again.
    otherstar likes this.

Share My Freemasonry