My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Royal Order of Jesters and the "Q"

Angus

In my Temple there are a large number of Jesters and "Q," it is my understanding both of these groups are un-Masonic, why are they allowed to exist in the Shrine? Oh, I am also very aware of the conduct of the Jesters in Brazil, to my understanding this is how they conduct themselves. Is there any LIGHT my Brothers and fellow Nobles can shed on this matter?

Last edited:

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Some Jesters have certainly engaged in immoral conduct. This means that some Masons have engaged in immoral conduct. The question, I would suggest, is why they are allowed to remain in Freemasonry?

Angus

Some Jesters have certainly engaged in immoral conduct. This means that some Masons have engaged in immoral conduct. The question, I would suggest, is why they are allowed to remain in Freemasonry?
That would be question of the day Brother Glen. Why haven't the Grand Lodges denounced this organization and the Master Masons who are members?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
That would be question of the day Brother Glen. Why haven't the Grand Lodges denounced this organization and the Master Masons who are members?

A. There isn't evidence they have misbehaved in all jurisdictions.

B. When I had responsibility for my GL, I had a blunt discussion regarding what would happen to the organization if there were misbehavior.

C . Not all Grand Lodges have the ability to control the behavior of individual members. In some grand lodges,charges must be filed by individual Masons such as yourself.

D. If you are aware of misbehavior, what have you done about it?

Last edited:

CLewey44

I'm curious about the justification of that behavior to 'blow off some steam' so to speak. Is it something to do with the times of King Solomon and operative masons and they had 'leisure areas' maybe? Were harem type places more common then and accepted? I'm just curious how it ties into Masonry at all with their 'ritual' work. Some claim the immoral behavior, at least at one time, was pretty prevalent. A bit interesting, the 'dark side' of masonry that people cherry pick and judge all fellows on. I would doubt the majority of the 'Courts' are immoral. However, I'm sure the allusiveness of it definitely brings about more questions than the 'bad' members are comfortable answering.