My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking Guidance

Alfred Taylor

I was raised in Sigonella, Sicily in march of 2011 and as a result of getting out of the military was inactive. Recently in attempts to get active again was reinstated and and now in he holding lodge of the Jurisdiction of Oaklahoma. Now I am in search of a PHA lodge in the DFW area but have had no luck. I've reached out to few lodges I was able to look up but have had no luck in return. Can I get some assistance in this??

Also as I have been away from masonry for some time I see that it is a "common" practice to examine brothers visiting a lodge? What does that entail exactly? Want to make sure I'm ready in all aspects if that makes sense?? Due to the fact that I was in a military lodge at the time I wasn't able to learn much after I was raised and have been away from masonry for some years now.

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Also as I have been away from masonry for some time I see that it is a "common" practice to examine brothers visiting a lodge? What does that entail exactly?
Hey Brother, me again. Whenever visiting a lodge where no one knows you you will be asked questions that you should know from your proficiency from the EA, FC, and MM. Also you will have to show a valid, up to date dues card from a lodge recognized by the Grand Lodge over the lodge that you want to visit.

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi Warrior, Happy Easter Bro.

The "me again" suggests this.has been addressed in another thread ?

Bro Alfred; lodges are run by volunteers, so be persistent. If I was you, I'd rejoin your mother lodge and connect with guys who initiated you to look for an advisor.

Alfred Taylor

Hi Warrior, Happy Easter Bro.

The "me again" suggests this.has been addressed in another thread ?

Bro Alfred; lodges are run by volunteers, so be persistent. If I was you, I'd rejoin your mother lodge and connect with guys who initiated you to look for an advisor.

As far as guys who initiated me they are no longer actively connected with the mother lodge or active at all for that matter. Others I have no way of getting in contact with them as we were stationed in SIgonella, Sicily in 2011. None are still stationed over there and the ones who I was able to contact are either inactive or currently deployed right now so contact is limited and they wouldn't be able to do much for me as I tried for a couple years now to pay my dues through my mother lodge so Tha I can be reinstated. So that option is not viable for me. I've been speaking mostly with my father who is a 33rd who seems to think I have nothing to be worried about.

Alfred Taylor

Hey Brother, me again. Whenever visiting a lodge where no one knows you you will be asked questions that you should know from your proficiency from the EA, FC, and MM. Also you will have to show a valid, up to date dues card from a lodge recognized by the Grand Lodge over the lodge that you want to visit.

Proficiency for MM? I was intitiated as an EA had to prove proficient then I was passed to the degree of FC had to prove proficient then I was raised to the sublime degree of MM.

Participated in an initiation because we were a military lodge other than that I've never sat in lodge. Mind you I was raised march 19, 2011.

I believe it was already uploaded to the site but I currently possess a valid dues card.

Alfred Taylor

Proficiency for MM? I was intitiated as an EA had to prove proficient then I was passed to the degree of FC had to prove proficient then I was raised to the sublime degree of MM.

Participated in an initiation because we were a military lodge other than that I've never sat in lodge. Mind you I was raised march 19, 2011.

I believe it was already uploaded to the site but I currently possess

Alfred Taylor

Pops basically told me know my 3 words, how to 'work in', they may ask a couple questions from the lecture but if you trip over something don't worry about it.

I don't know how true or untrue that is but he told me he never has had to deal with an examination but that I shouldn't stress over it.

MarkR

Premium Member
Pops basically told me know my 3 words, how to 'work in', they may ask a couple questions from the lecture but if you trip over something don't worry about it.

I don't know how true or untrue that is but he told me he never has had to deal with an examination but that I shouldn't stress over it.
A visitor examination can vary by location, but I wouldn't sweat it too much. Most places are happy to accommodate visiting brethren.

BullDozer Harrell

I believe it was already uploaded to the site but I currently possess a valid dues card.
Brother if you haven't paid dues since 2011 then i'm afraid your dues card is not current.

Bill Lins

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
I tried for a couple years now to pay my dues through my mother lodge so Tha I can be reinstated.
The best thing for you to do would be to contact the Grand Secretary of the MWPHGLoOK- he should have your records & be able to help you get back into good standing. Once that happens, you can look into transferring to a Texas Lodge.

Alfred Taylor

Brother if you haven't paid dues since 2011 then i'm afraid your dues card is not current.

I recently contacted the GL of Ok paid dues and was reinstated and demited to the Holding lodge of the jurisdiction. I haven't been active since 2011. Maybe there was a slight misunderstanding???

Alfred Taylor

I'm not sure exactly which thread it is on as I am still learning the site but can someone tell this Brother which thread I had my current dues card posted on??