My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Seeking More Light

SeeKer.mm

Premium Member
Congratulations Youngblood! I hope your journey into Masonry is as thought provoking and as meaningful to you as it still is to me!

youngblood2002

Well, I experienced my first degree last week. I now understand being in darkness,persevering in seeking light and finally being given light....next up Q and A session next month...

jwhoff

Premium Member
Good! Now ... if the plan works ... you just might get a glimpse of just how far it is to that NE corner.

towerbuilder7

Premium Member
I second his statement, YoungBlood. No freebies or discussion about the Degree Work on the Forum. Stay off the Internet, and focus on your Memory Work, Young Brother. It is imperative that you commit your Degree Work to memory. Rearrange your priorities to the following order: GOD, Family, Career, Masonry, then EVERYTHING ELSE. If you maintain proper focus, you will do just fine. Give us the good news once you get RAISED. Bro Jones

jwhoff

Premium Member
turn off the radio and get in some serious "windshield time."

CAUTION! CAUTION! CAUTION!

keep an eye out for on-coming traffic.

Pace yourself!

youngblood2002

Thank each of you for words of wisdom.It seems fitting because my other brothers are have problems coordinating a time for our study session...

jwhoff

Premium Member
patience. but stay on it. two-three times a week will get you there.

just make very sure you have everything correct when you get back with the instructor.

I never push too much past my candidate. I want him to know everything I teach him in a particular setting.

For this, I expect him to have his work down when we meet again. Of course, that is not always possible but an instructor knows when a candidate is working and doing diligence with his work. Things then progress well. Remember, it's a contract to be fulfilled by both parties.

I know you will do well.

youngblood2002

I just completed the Q and A session. What a great experience. I was to share what I have learned thus far in my journey.I also had the opportunity to talk with a PWM one on one and he shared about how applying the principles learned in Masonary has affected his life as well as how he is respected in his community w/o asking for it. His final words to me were "Masonry is a lifestyle" not an organization...