My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Shaq

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
Apparently Shaq took this honor as such and finished his work and sees merit in the fraternity. This impresses me very much.

You know what? I also really liked seeing his reaction in the video when they asked what his ring was for, and when the guy asked him if he was a Mason. Whether PH or not, to hear that Shaq took the honor of being made a Mason and finished his work puts a smile on my face :) I don't know. Something about his reaction to all and how he handled it I liked to see. Does anyone know if Richard Dreyfuss finished his work, or just recieved the honor?

Txmason32

I read on several sports sites that he wasnt really a mason he was just joking around and other crazy stuff ... but what sucked the most is when i see on other masonic sites that masons Bash shaq being a mason ... I has one guy post he wasnt a real mason cause he was PH ... and so other ignorant talk all along having the square and compass as his avatar ...made me sad that he represents the fraternity and thinks he is better than others and this wasnt even on a masonic site so now people view me as part of him . Brothers I hope i never do anything to discredit or make any of you look less honorable or like Men of Character as i felt his statement did to men in this fraternity .

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
I has one guy post he wasnt a real mason cause he was PH ... and so other ignorant talk all along having the square and compass as his avatar ...made me sad that he represents the fraternity and thinks he is better than others and this wasnt even on a masonic site so now people view me as part of him . Brothers I hope i never do anything to discredit or make any of you look less honorable or like Men of Character as i felt his statement did to men in this fraternity .

Just so I can clarify for my own knowledge, you are saying that another "Mason" on a non Masonic website? Or are you saying that you some some official posts from Shaq saying that he was just joking around about doing the Masonic thing? Forgive me, but the way your post was worded I kind of got mixed up a bit. Lol, kind of hoping that I didn't just say a few good things about Shaq and how pleased I was that it seems he is taking this stuff seriously only to sound like an idiot cause I hadn't heard anything about him joking about the Masonry stuff....lol

Txmason32

Sorry Brother ,Its my punctuation skills lol .... Shaq has only been positive in any response to his being a Mason. I saw other post on boards by non masons ,saying he wasnt a mason and was just joking . I also saw post by brothers saying "He wasnt a real mason cause he was PH" . I saw people say "he just bought the ring and wears it because they dont let just anyone in " stuff like that . sorry for the confusion

Txmason32

From where i stand as a mason who stood in darkness with many friends and later brothers .......hands on the sacred book and emblems of our fraternity, while words spoken from my mouth thru my heart were repeated and later the strong token extended to me by another makes the PHA "issue" not blurry at all . God and True brothers see just the heart and feel the extended token from one brother to another . Its the laws set by others that blur the true meaning of brotherhood . I once heard a great man and mason say " The strength of the grip is only surpassed by the sincerity of the heart "

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
You'd be shocked on how many Brethren have left this site because of my views of Prince Hall Masonry. I've been told to "goto hell" and "if you like them so much, join em"...and this is by sitting Masters! Not that I really care. If you haven't noticed by now, I'm pretty thick skinned..lol

In 2007, the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas and the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas formally signed a compact:

http://www.masonsoftexas.com/attach...wphgloftx-2007-04-23-mutual-recog-compact.pdf

Even though we cannot sit in Lodge (yet), we recognize Prince Hall Freemasons in Texas as REGULAR and vice versa. Prince Hall Masons in Texas are not clandestine, which many un-informed Brethren seem to think.

Last edited:

Michaelstedman81

Premium Member
In 2007, the Most Worshipful Grand Lodge of Texas and the Most Worshipful Prince Hall Grand Lodge of Texas formally signed a compact:

Thanks, Bro. Blake. I had no clue that that document was circulating out there. I'm glad to see it with my own eyes. Just a couple of questions about it that I came up with. Can the membership of the GL as a whole end up making some sort of motion or movement that renders the compact useless? Can a new GM from either organization that doesn't agree with it come in and destroy the compact made between the two organizations? Not wanting this to happen by any means, just wanting to know if there is something that can happen to undo the steps that we have finally taken in the right direction?

RedTemplar

Johnny Joe Combs
Premium Member
In the words of the "Great Compromiser", Statesman, and our esteemed Brother Henry Clay,PGM of Ky. after losing his bid for the presidency for the third time proclaimed, "I had rather be right than be president". Brother Blake, on this issue, you most certainly right. Again, thank you for all you do.