My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Talking with those interested

Scotty32

I think that it is important that when we speak with those interested, we do not use the jargon and acronyms that we commonly use with each other.
Have a friend who asked me for info about masonry. Said he talked to someone, but he did not really understand very much because the person "talked in code" with him.
Being as open and answering questions are very good to help as well. We still have some that do not want to talk at all.

Nate Riley

Premium Member
I completely agree. Although I am new to the fraternity myself, my grandfather was a very active Mason and was always open about masonry. He knew what was secret and although he kept it under his hat he was kind and soft in telling us it was secret and why. Everything else he spoke about very plainly (no code). That is what piqued my interest and why I am now involved. As I am learning there is much more and much more interested stuff about Freemasonry that is not secret. And we should light our light shine about those things.