My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The Book Upon The Altar

Cigarzan

Premium Member
Yeah, I know about the "official" Moslem view of the Bible. I'm pretty sure the original story is apocryphal. It's popular to present white Christian men as intolerant, ignorant and closed minded. No one has a corner on that market, but we are, and have been the target du jour for quite a few "jours".

etfromstar187

I do appreciate this thread and the insight shown therein. I plan to include a reference to Freemasons Connect in the July Newsletter of the Global Fraternal Network and to urge our readers to join your site.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
Yeah, I know about the "official" Moslem view of the Bible. I'm pretty sure the original story is apocryphal. It's popular to present white Christian men as intolerant, ignorant and closed minded. No one has a corner on that market, but we are, and have been the target du jour for quite a few "jours".

The "official" view is also the view that the Muslims of my personal acquaintance also have. I guess the Muslims you personally know are quite different from the Muslims I've come to know. It's a big world, and I'm not surprised to find that out.

sands67

Premium Member
The "official" or unofficial ,as it is described here, view of Islam is not really the point of the story. Are white Christian men arrogant, intolerant and closed minded? Of course some are just as some Muslim men are arrogant, intolerant and closeminded. It is arrogant, intolerant and closeminded people that have the world in the mess it is in. No religion or ethnic group has the market cornered on that one. The post is about the opposite here. It is about tolerance and openmindedness. That is the message people should be getting from this. It is not about if the tables were turned it would be different. Any Brother should look past their religion or political views when in their lodge. If some choose not to do that they may be missing the point of Masonry.

jwhoff

Premium Member
I think the light as perscribed by the article in question is being lost in a debate of Christianity and Islam. Someone please tell me if I am wrong, but the article appears to say that on the floor of the lodge your religious background does not matter for all Masons are brothers. That is very much paraphrased, but the meaning is clear. At least in my mine.

Article 393, GLoTx law book.

jwhoff

Premium Member
The "official" or unofficial ,as it is described here, view of Islam is not really the point of the story. Are white Christian men arrogant, intolerant and closed minded? Of course some are just as some Muslim men are arrogant, intolerant and closeminded. It is arrogant, intolerant and closeminded people that have the world in the mess it is in. No religion or ethnic group has the market cornered on that one. The post is about the opposite here. It is about tolerance and openmindedness. That is the message people should be getting from this. It is not about if the tables were turned it would be different. Any Brother should look past their religion or political views when in their lodge. If some choose not to do that they may be missing the point of Masonry.

P.S. they call such men Zealots ... something we'd all do better to live without!

Thank you brother for your thoughtful post.