My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The freemason movie

ARizo1011

Premium Member
Cant find anywhere on the website where there is an option to download.

Unfortunately I'm assuming we have to order it off amazon. If end up ordering it, after I watch it I would be glad to mail it to any brother that would like to see it. ;) XD

crono782

Premium Member
It only available from the the ones who made it. Amazon just links back to the original site. Self distributed I guess.

Willaim Perkins

The thing about these kinds of movies is they always come across as preachy and hokey, like the majority of Christian films. I attribute it to poor writing, as there are great films out there that can get the message across without the hokey/preachy tone.

I saw a cowboy degree team last night, in full costume. I'd love to see a western themed masonic movie that emphasizes brotherhood, and if I was any good at all at writing film scripts I'd do it myself.
speaking of cowboys can you tell me a John Wayne movie where Masonry is mentioned?

Willaim Perkins

I agree that knowledge of the craft will really help you understand. As someone mentioned before Hollywood really played its part. It's worth seeing once but I would not add it to my top 100 list.

Really nice attempt though.

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App
Hollywood will mess up any thing. As a retired Marine it ticks me off that Heartbreak Ridge movie.

jwhoff

Premium Member
The thing about these kinds of movies is they always come across as preachy and hokey, like the majority of Christian films. I attribute it to poor writing, as there are great films out there that can get the message across without the hokey/preachy tone.

I saw a cowboy degree team last night, in full costume. I'd love to see a western themed masonic movie that emphasizes brotherhood, and if I was any good at all at writing film scripts I'd do it myself.

Could we possibly throw a few aliens into the mix? Maybe a ghost or two. And, oh yes, a ninja transformer!

Borrowing a phrase from Captain Kangaroo, "That ought to hold the little bas@^#ds."

Joshua71

Grand Standard Bearer GL of Alberta, PM Lodge #195
Premium Member
Could we possibly throw a few aliens into the mix? Maybe a ghost or two. And, oh yes, a ninja transformer!

Borrowing a phrase from Captain Kangaroo, "That ought to hold the little bas@^#ds."

I thought that was the Friendly Giant that said that?? Lol

jwhoff

Premium Member
And I heard it was Buffalo Bob Smith on Howdy Doody. I suspect the whole thing is apocryphal.

They actually had the good Captain on film doing it back in the day of live TV. The others could also have had a "take" or two along the way.

I strongly suspect that's not ALL they had to say either. o_O

jwhoff

Premium Member
Just saw the movie. I liked it. With out spoiling it, the ending was a little cheesy but it shows how obligated we actually are. If your a mason you will understand!

I sure hope so Brother. However, there are times when I think a few of us were asleep when we heard and quoted a few of those obligations.

cemab4y

Premium Member
There is a WW2 film "Brother's War" that has a Masonic theme. Keep in mind, that the Nazis outlawed Freemasonry, just being a Mason would put you into a concentration camp. The film director sent me an autographed copy, and I was deeply touched by the kindness.