My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

United Grand Lodge of England

Marcus garner

I had the opportunity to visit the UGLE a couple of weeks back. Figured I'd share some photos...Hello my name is Marcus Garner. I was raised in Iraq as well through James E. Chase lodge #8. I recently just ETS out of the military. I am written because I am trying to contact someone to update my dues card and to see if I can get a copy of my birth certificate. Please email me at marcusgarner22@gmail.com with any contact information on this topic. Thank you

http://www.myfreemasonry.com/media/albums/united-grand-lodge-of-england.4/

Amazing place!

MeCorby

Looks amazing ! I am planning to visit UGLE sometime this year - would like to do it before my Initiation in November

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Question : If a GL and PHA GL of the same state have mutual recognition and a PHA mason went to visit the GL of England, how would they verify his membership ? Also, does both GLS have to mutual recognition solely or is it visitation rights as well before a Prince Hall mason can enter the GL of England ?

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Lets take the PHA out as for this it doesnt matter....if the brothers GL isnt in ammenity with the UGLE then he cant go. Doesnt matter if his GL is in ammeniry with GLs that are. Such as.....using PHA....im in NM we recognize NM PHA but not GA PHA so even though I can go to NM PHA meetings i cant go to GA PHA meetings even though we both recognize NM PHA

Sent from my LG-H811 using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Lets take the PHA out as for this it doesnt matter....if the brothers GL isnt in ammenity with the UGLE then he cant go. Doesnt matter if his GL is in ammeniry with GLs that are. Such as.....using PHA....im in NM we recognize NM PHA but not GA PHA so even though I can go to NM PHA meetings i cant go to GA PHA meetings even though we both recognize NM PHA

Actually if I'm not mistaken, I believe the UGLE leaves it up to the GL'S in each state. Not sure though, that's why I'm asking.

Bloke

Premium Member
Actually if I'm not mistaken, I believe the UGLE leaves it up to the GL'S in each state. Not sure though, that's why I'm asking.

Um... that does not sound right. Each GL recognises other GLs and cannot delegate that duty and right to another GL. UGLE would not leave it "up to the GL's in each state", for it is UGLE's job to administer it's own recognition.

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
Um... that does not sound right. Each GL recognises other GLs and cannot delegate that duty and right to another GL. UGLE would not leave it "up to the GL's in each state", for it is UGLE's job to administer it's own recognition.
But my understamding is they not only wont recognize untill recognition ks requested but also not until the state GL recognizes its PHA counterpart

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Question : If a GL and PHA GL of the same state have mutual recognition and a PHA mason went to visit the GL of England, how would they verify his membership ? Also, does both GLS have to mutual recognition solely or is it visitation rights as well before a Prince Hall mason can enter the GL of England ?

To break it down a bit:

Before UGLE will recognize a PHA G L, there must be a treaty with the State GL to share the jurisdiction.

Then the PHA GL will need to be recognized by UGLE

I think I know what is meant by "enter the GL of England." Usually, a dues card or letter of good standing is sufficient for a foreign visitor to enter a UGLE lodge (noting all of the usual courtesies when proposing to visit).

Review principles of recognition on the UGLE website

dfreybur

Premium Member

That's for recognition. The process goes 1) Local recognition is voted in. 2) MWPHGLofXX applies to UGLE for recognition. 3) UGLE approves recognition. 4) From then on MWPHGLofXX is just one more GL on the UGLE list. It doesn't even matter if the local treaty grants visitation.

For some reason MWPHGLofOK has not requested UGLE recognition even though GLofOK recognizes. So MWPHGLofOK members can't approach UGLE for visitation.

To visit a UGLE lodge the process is the same for any recognized jurisdiction. Get credentials from Gr Sec for foreign travel. Send a letter of introduction your Gr Sec to UGLE Gr Sec to the lodge you want to visit. It may be possible to shorten that sequence if a member of the lodge you want to visit has been to your lodge.

On visitation - If your local treaty does not include visitation, other states may well welcome you for a visit. Some states just plain recognize. Other states have their own treaty. Other states do what your local treaty says. You just have to ask and/or look it up.