My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What a night

crono782

Premium Member
Had quite the full agenda last night at Chapter/Council. Both DDGHP and DDGM official visits, two 50 year award presentations, 4 committee-on-work certificate presentations, a YR College award presentation, graded opening/closing in both Chapter and Council, and balloting on new members. As HP and TIM, my brain was cooked by the end!

Are y'all's C&C meetings typically eventful?

Last edited:

Companion Joe

Premium Member
Ours really aren't. Most everything we do is taken care of in the Chapter. The Council is just open, read the minutes and treasurer's report, then close. We've already taken care of everything as far as communications, etc. We have had ballots the last two months.

*Ballotting in both the Chapter and Council is a pet peeve of mine. If we ballot on a guy during the Chapter and the exact same people are in the room for the Council 15 minutes later, the ballot isn't going to change (if it does, someone needs a whack upside the head!). It's just a waste of time. If someone shows up in time for the Council that wasn't there for the first vote, OK, otherwise, just let it ride.

Companion Joe

Premium Member
I have made that suggestion, but I haven't had much success.
Someone always says ... "But the Code says..."
To which I reply ... "But common sense says ..."

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Most everything we do is taken care of in the Chapter. The Council is just open, read the minutes and treasurer's report, then close. We've already taken care of everything as far as communications, etc. We have had ballots the last two months.
In ours the Chapter and Council business are kept separate so we do the same business in one as we do the other.