My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

What is traveling to you?

Bloke

Premium Member
Thanks. In terms of visitors - the WMs already have a spot sitting to the right of the WM in pews or chairs, GM would normally sit to the WMs right where the chaplain normally is. Installing Masters aside, the GM is the only visitor here who will normally sit with a WM. The Chapter explanation makes sense - but they have a red room - but also have 5 in the Blue. I must ask the guy who oversaw the design of the room - he will know I guess..

We have OES here - but would not really take it into consideration - there is not one in that building as far as I know... Jobs Ds - not here

Part of me thinks there is three chairs - and they add one for the GM (or PGM or installing Master) when visiting, but rather have the WM off centre, they add a fifth to keep the WM in the middle... but that's very wild speculation. I've long wondered at this because the Masonic Centre at Ringwood (Melb) has 5 Chairs and I've often asked why - never heard a good explanation - and I was surprised to see it at the new centre..... and its a chance to get to the bottom of this deep masonic mystery :)

Warrior1256

Site Benefactor
Apparently the real masonic secrets are why there are so many chairs in the lodge room when only 1/3 if we are luck get sat in
I know what you mean. Two of the three lodges that I belong to have already held their elections by have not yet filled the SS and JS chairs.

Ajay Chandar

I travel for work quite a bit. As a recently raised MM, I haven't been able to officially visit anywhere until last month. Being from Georgia, it was really cool that my first visit to another lodge other than my own was to a UGLE lodge in Cape Town, South Africa. I was greeted as a brother, witnessed the conferring of the sublime Degree of Master Mason, invited to the formal meal afterwards, and genuinely made to feel not only that I belonged, but that I had close personal friends who would have my back no matter what when I am in their neck of the woods. I know how blessed I am to be able to visit lodges outside of the U.S., and I am pleased to report that, though our ritual may differ, the fraternal ties are strong.

Brent Rollins
Oothcaloga #154 Calhoun, GA

Fraternal greetings from your Brothers in India! We'd love to have you visit us.

Ronald Eudon Grant III

Hello,
I'm Ronald my friends and coworkers call me Tripp. I am very interested in freemasonary, I do not belong to a lodge nor have I ever been invited. However i do thirst for higher knoledge in every part of life. I know it may sound crazy but i dont believe we are the only planet that supports life. I believe there are people out there that were not born on this planet. some are probably even from the moon lol. I would enjoy being a part of something and i believe if i were a free mason i would also feel right at home. please approach me.

Brother JC

Moderating Staff
Staff Member
That’s not how it works, Tripp, we don’t invite people. You have to make the approach.
Where are you located? Knowing that we could help you find the nearest lodge.