York Rite Sovereign College of North America

Discussion in 'The York Rite' started by Warrior1256, May 30, 2018.

1. SørenSweR(I)

SørenSweR(I) Registered User

Most mason here openly admit to being mason as well. Our lodges all have identifying flags (cross of st. George) and some even the S&C. As evident here: Screenshot_20180604-183450.png

dfreybur and Warrior1256 like this.
  2. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

VERY nice!

3. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

4. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

Well, it's a matter of difference. There are less "secret" things in a stand US lodge room set up for a meeting, compared to a Swedish Rite one, but I'd say the access to the building are the same.
    However remember, that wives of Masons in the Swedish Rite, can see any room of the rank that her husband holds. That idea would be highly unlikely in the US. So don't necessarily think you can say that one Rite is more open to uninitiated people than the other.

5. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Why would that be highly unlikely in the US?

6. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

I've not heard of any lodge over here where you'd have it completely set up for a degree with all tools, accouterments etc. lying out and admit a non Mason.
    But it's a bit like comparing apples and oranges. A standard blue lodge room in the US, isn't the same as a dedicated 1st, 2nd or 3rd (or beyound) in the Swedish Rite.
    And I think that both jurisdictions have various approaches to allowing non-Masons in there.

7. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

This is not true in Sweden though, our wieves/girlfreinds are not allowed into any of the degree room. We can show a stripped lodgeroom in the St. Johns lodge.

chrmc likes this.
  8. Glen Cook

Glen Cook G A Cook Site Benefactor

Yes, many jurisdictions would allow non-Masons present with the lodge room in working mode. This is seen in installations of masters and even Grand Masters.

9. chrmc

chrmc Registered User

I get what you're saying, but I think it also to a large extend is because we in many jurisdictions don't consider our working tools, setup of the lodge room etc. as an actual secret any more. The ceremonis you refer to are largely public, so I don't consider them comparable to a degree for instance.
    But again, comparing the Swedish Rite to others is not necessarily the easiest.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  10. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Here in the U.S. there are differences from lodge to lodge, lol.

Share My Freemasonry