My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Anyone from Turkey?

Smason94

Hi everyone,

I live in Istanbul and I am interested to become a Mason. Can anyone please help me become part of the fraternity?

Smason94

I should think it most unlikely anyone will give an anonymous poster such information for that country.
Yes I can understand. But there should be some way for people to join Freemasonry here in Istanbul. Grand Lodge is closed. They don't tell anything. Guards just say "its closed". No email. I called on phone and they only speak Turkish. There is lodge for English speakers here but I don't know it's address, phone number or email. I just know Lodge name and number.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Yes I can understand. But there should be some way for people to join Freemasonry here in Istanbul. Grand Lodge is closed. They don't tell anything. Guards just say "its closed". No email. I called on phone and they only speak Turkish. There is lodge for English speakers here but I don't know it's address, phone number or email. I just know Lodge name and number.
Are you not from Turkey?

There is a way to join: know a mason.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
I’m having a little difficulty following your logic if you think an English speaking Turkish Lodge would be available when a Turkish speaking Turkish Lodge is not?

Also I’m not sure you’re going to have much luck finding an English speaking Lodge there, are you sure about the info you have?

Elexir

It's closed due to lockdown here

To be blunt

You will have to wait until lockdown is lifted then, its as simple as that.

Any activity might simply be to current members.
We are in a wierd situation where things are diffrent from what they used to be.