My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Elite Dangerous

Winter

Premium Member
One of my favorite hobbies is Massive Multiplayer Online (MMO) and open world video games. The granddaddy of them all is Elite Dangerous. The game is an actual 1:1 scale replica of the Milky Way Galaxy based on real scientific principals and relies on actual Newtonian physics for gameplay. It is the longest running space simulation in history. Billions of star systems to explore and trillions of planets. This version of the game has been around since 2014 (the series has been around since 1984) and the millions of players have explored less than 1% of the galaxy to date.

The game is open-ended and allows you to choose how you want to spend your time. You can focus on exploration or be a trader. Or you can outfit your ship for combat, for good or bad. More than a few players get their enjoyment from seeking out other players to steal what others have worked for or just to kill them for the fun of it. Thankfully, there are others who try to bring their decent values into the computer generated world. I play with a group called the Hutton Orbital Truckers who's primary focus is players working with other players to help each other and make our online experience more positive. I choose them because they allow me to inject my Masonic principals into my online gaming.

I usually give my ships a name that is something related to Freemasonry. The picture below is my new ship, an Imperial Cutter named "The Rough Ashlar." 192 meters long and 1,100 tons of pure beauty I use to trade cargo between systems while dodging pirates.

080A41B0D3F623A2193FDC8466A10922D2302D45

If you are interested in checking it out, here are some links:

Elite Dangerous Trailer

Wiki
https://elite-dangerous.fandom.com/wiki/Elite_Dangerous

CLewey44

I have to say I've never heard of this and would never have thought to even play something like that but this game sounds BADASS! I would like to look into it.

Winter

Premium Member
I have to say I've never heard of this and would never have thought to even play something like that but this game sounds BADASS! I would like to look into it.

Be warned, the game is known for its steep learning curve and lack of hand holding. But they have recently added some better tutorials for new players as well as a couple protected systems to get your feet wet in. More experienced players are prohibited from entering to harass new players trying to learn. The game has a great feature that I take advantage of quite often. If you just want to log on and relax, you can play in solo mode. You are still in the online world but you can't see other other players and they can't see you. You can still be jumped by NPC's but they are generally easy to evade or destroy. (I always run!)