My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Five Years of Knighthood

Well, it was today 5-years ago that I was dubbed and created a Sir Knight of the Valiant and Magnanimous Order of the Temple in Idaho Commandery #1 in Boise, ID.

When I initially joined the York Rite I wasn't very active the first year as I was serving as Worshipful Master and was balancing that role with work. At the next Annual Communication of the Grand Lodge AF&AM of Idaho, the following September, I was approached by the Senior Grand Warden (at the time) about getting active in York Rite as some vacancies needed filling. I accepted and stepped up as Senior Warden for my Commandery. I finished out the year and was re-elected as Senior Warden, and would be re-elected the following year as I deployed and could not advance in the officer line. When I came home from Iraq I was home just in time for the Fall Festival and elections. I was jumped to the office of Generalissimo and this year I have had the honor of serving as Eminent Commander.

These last 5-years have just flown by, but I have enjoyed every minute of it. The scenes of my initiation still remains as vivid as they were that day and I will never forget those Sir Knights who have been friends and mentors on my journey through York Rite of Freemasonry. As Eminent Commander, I enjoy conferring this Order upon new Sir Knights and implanting upon their minds the impressive scenes of the ritual.

My Commandery just had elections and I will be handing off the reigns of this Commadnery to my Generalissimo and I will serve him as Warder this next year. I have enjoyed my time as a Sir Knight and will continue to be involved and spread Masonic Light to the other Sir Knights, old and new.

More...