My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Has the Voynich Manuscript Been Deciphered?

For decades, researchers have been trying in vain to decipher ancient texts written on the Voynich manuscript - yet they may have been looking for inspiration in the wrong place.

A U.S. botanist studied illustrations of the plants throughout the 15th century book and pinpointed a number of them to the Central American region now known as Mexico.

Dr. Arthur Tucker claims at least 37 of the 303 plants would have grown in the region during the 15th and 16th century and believes the text is, therefore, written in the Aztec language of Nahuatl.

The Voynich manuscript was discovered in an Italian monastery in 1912 by book dealer Wilfred Voynich.The writing is so bizarre, sceptics have stated the book is a hoax or that the writing is nonsense.

Carbon dating suggests the manuscript was created between approximately 1404 and 1438, during the Italian Renaissance.

For more, see the Daily Mail.

More...

CuAllaidh

I was just reading this earlier today. I love the idea of the Voynich Manuscript, however I think they jumped the gun here. I highly doubt that they've got it figured out. Its most likely jsut an elaborate hoax. The fact that a hand full of plants bear some similarity to North American plants is a long way away from saying they know how to decipher the text.