My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Information on two rings

Olympus

I had started to have some interest in Freemasonry, so I talked to my father about it. He told me my great grandfather was a Freemason. We do not know much about him, and all we have from him is his two rings. I was hoping I could gain some information about these.

The first one is just a ring with a masonic symbol on it, I believe.

The second one has what I believe to be the sigil of the Knights Templar and something from a body known as the Shrines. It also has the letters HTWSSTKS inscribed on the other side.

They're both real gold as well.

Any information is appreciated.

http://imgur.com/a/RzwRT

Last edited:

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
The 1st one is his MM ring. Yhe second one is his York Rite ring. In your GG time a Mason had to either be a York or Scottish Rite Mason to join the Shriners. If youve ever heard of the shrine hospitals or seen the guys in funny hats and little cars in parades they are one in the same

Sent from my LG-H918 using My Freemasonry mobile app

Olympus

I really want to be, but I don't believe I can join yet as I'm 17. I don't know much about the Freemasons and I've only recently gotten an interest in it.

Olympus

Currently I live in New York, and on the Grand Lodge website it says 21. So I have a lot of waiting to do, sadly.