My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

International Lodge times

Lowcarbjc

Someone made the statement to me a while ago that no matter what day or time it is, there is always somewhere on this planet a lodge meeting in progress.

Is that really possible?

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

vangoedenaam

Premium Member
Im not sure every timezone covering the pacific ocean has a lodge in it. It could be true. But you might be too far away to visit at that time

Sent From My Freemasonry Pro App

crono782

Premium Member
Maybe the symbolic Lodge, sure! LOL Although perhaps during the golden age of fraternalism when there were more lodges than you could shake a stick at, I could see that.

Mike Martin

Eternal Apprentice
Premium Member
It sounds as if someone is taking a "ritualistic exchange" literally. I think you'll be familiar with this:
WM: In this country Freemasons’ Lodges are usually held in the evening; how do you account for that which at first view appears a paradox?
Candidate: The earth constantly revolving on its axis in its orbit round the sun and Freemasonry being universally spread over its surface, it necessarily follows that the sun must always be at its meridian with respect to Freemasonry.

BryanMaloney

Premium Member
In theory, if we manage to get Lodges all the way up Alaska and across Tunguska, Amur, etc., it could be pulled off over the Pacific, but I don't think that it's really quite there.