My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

My emblems

Brother JStoffo

Exactly why I was asking. Afterall, we did take a vow stating such. I would like to ask deceased Scottish Rite Masons but unfortunately, they are tough to get a hold of. I suppose I can leave it to my wife and if SHE gives it to our daughter to wear as a necklace, I can't prevent her from doing so.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Exactly why I was asking. Afterall, we did take a vow stating such. I would like to ask deceased Scottish Rite Masons but unfortunately, they are tough to get a hold of. I suppose I can leave it to my wife and if SHE gives it to our daughter to wear as a necklace, I can't prevent her from doing so.
Sorry, we take a vow stating what?

and what is it you wish to ask deceased Princes?

Last edited:

Brother JStoffo

Promise me that you will wear (or, if in a pyramid, keep) it during your lifetime unless superseded by a 33rd degree ring, should you ever attain that honor. You should provide that, after your death, it shall go into the hands of no other person than your widow, your eldest son, or the friend whom you love above all others.

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
So, you alrea
Promise me that you will wear (or, if in a pyramid, keep) it during your lifetime unless superseded by a 33rd degree ring, should you ever attain that honor. You should provide that, after your death, it shall go into the hands of no other person than your widow, your eldest son, or the friend whom you love above all others.
So, you already knew the answer?

Brother JStoffo

Actually, not at all. So let me ask it again. If I do not have a son and only have a daughter, can I leave her my 14th degree ring? Brother LD1513PM, since you are the only one that actually answered my question, I must ask. Are you a Scottish Rite Mason?

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Actually, not at all. So let me ask it again. If I do not have a son and only have a daughter, can I leave her my 14th degree ring? Brother LD1513PM, since you are the only one that actually answered my question, I must ask. Are you a Scottish Rite Mason?
Well, I did so as well and cited the statute "No one can prohibit you from doing as you wish. However, as a member of the Southern Jurisdiction, upon the death of the owner, the ring should go into the hands of his widow, eldest son, the friend who was loved above all others, or another Scottish Rite Mason."

and you cited your obligation.

Sooo, I'm not sure what is unclear.

Perhaps go to you SGIG.

LD1513PM

Good evening Brother,
I answered you question as a brother, not as someone telling you which path to take whether it be wrong or right.
I'm a past master in Scotland but I'm a York Rite Freemason.
You have the right to chose who you would like to have your ring. No one else. No one has the right to judge you on your decision. If you feel strongly in your heart that your daughter should have it, then I'm sure she would be a proud young lady to have it.

S.M.I.B