My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tennessee: Another Masonic Hall Vandalized

by Christopher Hodapp

The Masonic Center in Chattanooga, Tennessee was vandalized at some point this weekend. I've received few details as of Monday afternoon, but the building was apparently broken into, damaged caused, and a fire was set.

The center is shared by Temple Lodge 430, Chattanooga Lodge 199, John Bailey Nicklin Chapter RAM 49, and Lookout Commandery 14.

A brief message was posted Monday on Facebook by Tennessee's MW Grand Master James Arnhart with the photo above:

I received a call early this morning reporting our Masonic Center was vandalized. On behalf of our Grand Lodge I would like to thank our first responders for the outstanding job they did in securing the area.
Please take a hard look at this flag. This area of our lodge was set in fire and the flag seen in the picture will become our rally cry. Together with Temple Lodge No 430 we will like the phoenix rise from the ashes stronger as a Lodge and as brothers.
God bless Freemasonry!

Continue reading...

Winter

Premium Member
The world is changing, and not necessarily for the better. Lodges should seriously consider adding a line item in their budgets for security. A web based camera system at the minimum. Even posted notices that the property is under surveillance would be a good enough deterrent in all but the most determined cases.