My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

White House Stone

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
stone.jpg

During the renovation of the White House (1949–1952), President and Freemason Harry S. Truman gave an original White House stone to each Grand Lodge in the United States. "I place in your hands a stone taken from the walls of the White House. A sufficient number of these stones, each with a Masonic symbol upon it, was discovered to give one to each Grand Lodge in the United States. These evidences of the number of members of the Craft who built the President's official residence so intimately aligns Freemasonry with the formation and the founding of our Government that I believe your Grand Lodge will cherish this link between the Fraternity and the Government of the Nation, of which the White House is a symbol,".

flickr.com/photos/jrbuckshot/2962713627/

Last edited:

nick1368

wow...is that from GLoTX? I dont remember seeing that or have never heard that before...thanks for sharing