My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

York Rite in Texas

LRG

Premium Member
At our recent Chapter and Council meeting the TIM informed us that York Rite was first in Texas. Bro. Barbee stated that it was due to Mexico in which we also conversed about the Yorkinos & SR battles. Lots of not everyday history. It is shame about the wars but does anyone have any knowledge pertaining and why is SR from France and YR from Englund?

Thanks in advance

M

Mando'a

At our recent Chapter and Council meeting the TIM informed us that York Rite was first in Texas. Bro. Barbee stated that it was due to Mexico in which we also conversed about the Yorkinos & SR battles. Lots of not everyday history. It is shame about the wars but does anyone have any knowledge pertaining and why is SR from France and YR from Englund?

Thanks in advance

Very fascinating.

If you get a chance to speak with him again, please write it down and post it. I've never heard of this before and would like to learn more about it.

Thanks,

Larry

LRG

Premium Member
A bit more;)

In a past Templar magazine, it was written that when the Templars were sought after, they fled to Scotland where Robert the Duke opened his arms-This was due to the church feud with Scotland-.
The Templars sought membership in the Wall Builders Lodge and once within they turned it into the present day Masonic Lodge. They than disparted and went to France creating the Scottish Rite.
The Templars created the most wonderful first 3 degrees in the B.L..

I hope i come correct with his-story.

david918

Premium Member
There used to be a Chapter and Council in Yoakum but I think they merged with another Chapter and Council.I was active when Ganado had York Rite but we merged with Port Lavaca and I've only been once or twice in about 6-7 yrs.The closest one to Yoakum would probably be Gonzales.