My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A Question for the Wardens

Blake Bowden

Administrator
Staff Member
By now you should be planning for your tenure in the East, what changes do you plan to implement?

Bro. Stewart P.M.

Lead Moderator Emeritus
Staff Member
Well, I am planning (unfortunately) for a new Secretary... Our current one has fallen upon bad health, and will have to resign after 8 great years.

Other than that, I can't give away all of my secrets!

JJones

Our treasurer is stepping down after this year, fortunately I'll also be out of the East. :tongue_smilie:

I pushed for several small changes (officers wearing a jacket/tie, reciting the opening charge) and worked to accomplish a few simple goals. The reason I chose to keep everything simple & small was because I've seen enthusiastic SW's be installed in the East with sweeping changes in mind only to quickly alienate the lodge or become jaded at their lack of progress.

So I guess if a SW or JW were to ever ask my opinion on the question, I'd suggest they push for small changes that are in the spirit of their goals. People often seem scared of big changes but they'll often accept smaller ones over time.

jwhoff

Premium Member
I'm stepping out of one East right into another. Though I think it poor form to speculate when another resides in the East, I do have a few things settled and on my agenda. Among those will be continuation of our very successful inaugural scholarship fundraiser and bringing back graded degrees.

This second trip through the East brings a membership made up of many past masters. I would like to make it a second home for many past masters to join and possibly run a few more chairs in the coming years. There seems to be an excellent comradeship among our past masters that really does hold the lodge together. I look for ways to tap into that strength to grow the lodge.

rpbrown

Premium Member
It will be a few years yet but I plan on calling on(or having a senior officer) any members that have not been active to see what we can do to bring them back in. This includes those that have been innitiated and never moved forward. We are haveing a pretty good amount of new members but there are older members that have not been to lodge since I have been a member. Those are the ones I want to contact.