My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Affiliating.

David612

Are EAs or FCs able to affiliate and join multiple lodges or is this reserved for masters?
I love the social aspect of my home lodge but find a lot of value from the cultures and priorities of others.

CLewey44

My question would be, how long does it take to reach the 3rd degree in your area typically? If 3-6 months, I'd probably just wait. If its over a year and you just cant wait, you need to check with secretaries but i doubt it's normal practice. Secondly, you can visit lodges usually all you want if they are open on the appropriate degree.

Last edited:

Glen Cook

G A Cook
Site Benefactor
Are EAs or FCs able to affiliate and join multiple lodges or is this reserved for masters?
I love the social aspect of my home lodge but find a lot of value from the cultures and priorities of others.
I’m unaware of a GL which allows this, but your question would be better directed to someone in your jurisdiction.
I agree w/ Br. Lewey. Just wait a bit.

Bloke

Premium Member
Hi David.

An EA or FC can be a member of multiple lodges in Victoria, but I would normally recommend you visit a lodge several times before joining it...

I was a constant visitor and IG at a lodge here for years - but never joined it. Never wanted to go through the Chair there or be actually installed in an office in that lodge, so I never signed up. They were our daughter lodge and I was just there to support them..

Brother_Steve

Premium Member
Must be a mm in nj.

Also, our jurisdiction differentiates between dual, plural and affiliate so we may not be on the same page anyhow.