Church Objection?

Discussion in 'Philosophy, Religion and Spirituality' started by nfasson, Aug 21, 2013.

1. Elexir

Elexir Registered User

Becuse freemasonry as well as other fraternal orders have parts in the ritual system that will make you think of your relationship with your god, your place in the world etc.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  2. freemasonpha

freemasonpha Registered User

Yes, very true. Also, if you consider the words of the obligation in the context of the 17th century, you can see some allusion to the theological debates that took place in England and Scotland.

3. Warrior1256

Warrior1256 Site Benefactor

Exactly!

4. Tyler Atkinson

Tyler Atkinson Registered User

I recently went through a series of questioning wether or not christianity was compatible with freemasonry. Is freemasonry a religion? Absolutley not. Is it religous? Absolutley! I just wonder alot of times how some masons go around the fact of it being religous.

Sent from my SM-G935V using My Freemasonry mobile app

Warrior1256 likes this.
  5. jermy Bell

jermy Bell Registered User

My dad asked the same thing. I told him that we open and close with prayer to god.we initiate a new brother with the holy bible. We are not a religion, but you have to believe in a all divine being, and we do for our community, charity, and children.

Warrior1256 likes this.
  6. Tyler Atkinson

Tyler Atkinson Registered User

7. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Religious like the Scouts BSA (or whatever they’re calling it now)?

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry mobile app

8. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

My troop met in a Presbyterian church and held daily nondenominational prayers at summer camp and at Boy Scout functions...fellow scouts was my troop unique in that? And I maintain that Boy Scouts was and is not a religion

Bloke likes this.
  9. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Before I joined the lodge, I was a nominal Christian: due to the influence of the Freemasons, I was motivated to learn biblical Greek for NT and using the Torah, I developed a deep appreciation for the OT and tried learning a little Hebrew

Bloke likes this.
  10. hfmm97

hfmm97 Premium Member

Bill Lins likes this.
  11. Warrior1256

I can only speak for myself on this matter and I find nothing in Masonry that conflicts with my religious beliefs.
    Exactly!

12. Rifleman1776

Rifleman1776 Registered User

This is simply an issue that is not possible to debate. The anti-Mason churches (most of them) have fixed, if incorrect, notions about what Masonry is all about. I have had this discussion with several pastors and their minds are locked closed, there is no reasoning with them. My church is anti-Mason but accepts me as a member.

hfmm97, Bloke and Warrior1256 like this.
  13. Warrior1256

Yep!
    Same here. I attend a Free Methodist church which is historically anti-Mason by the present pastor has nothing against it.

14. Bloke

Bloke Premium Member

I think Freemasonry has no religions qualifications but rather a qualification of faith. Hence I would not say Freemasonry is religious but I would say it inclines a man to engage his own spiritual beliefs. In that, it deepened my faith in my God.

Bill Lins and Warrior1256 like this.
  15. Warrior1256

VERY well put Brother Bloke! I will remember this definition!

Bloke and Bill Lins like this.

Share My Freemasonry