My Freemasonry | Freemason Information and Discussion Forum

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Completed 4th - 32nd

Kenneth NC Mason

Yes ( in theory)

That would probably explain why Prince hall brothers have joined mainstream Scottish rite

I personally am thinking of joining PH Scottish rite for two reasons

1: it's less expensive
2: the degrees are spread out instead of drinking out of a firehose lol

Sent from my iPhone using My Freemasonry Pro

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
ok so heres what I would do Brother. Go through the degrees for the SR and YR on the "mainstream" side then you can visit and participate with the PHA side all you want and not have to worry about regularity of your degrees. that's just what I would do and here's why, both of my GLs have a "when in Rome" unofficial stance on visitation. they both recognize their PH counterparts, which means that I can go to PHA meetings in NM, OR, Idaho and Montana no questions asked as well as all PHA GLs that are in amenity with their State counterpart. Now since all PHA GLs recognize each other if I am sitting in a PHA lodge there may be a FL or GA PHA mason there and even though those states GLs don't recognize those PHA GLs its all good cause "when in rome" and if I stood up and excused myself from the meeting would disrupt the peace and harmony there of. Also I could get a PHA passport from the local PHAGL here that would theoretically allow me in to every PHA GL. Basically by 12 degrees of separation if your GL recognizes its PHA GL then they recognizes all PHA GLs even if not officially.

I have sat in lodge with a brother from your southern counterpart and there PHA brothers in attendance, again "when in Rome."

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
http://freemasoninformation.com/201...izes-prince-hall-scottish-rite-in-all-states/
If Mainstream and PHA Scottish Rite recognize each other then doesnt that mean bothers can visit each others valley regardless if the GLs are not in Amity with each other ?

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app
I visited the AASR temple in El Paso and was speaking with one of the Brothers there and he told me that until Tx and PHATx had visitiation they weren't allowed to accept petitions from PHA brothers, apparently there wasn't a PHA AASR in El Paso they would send them up to Las Cruces NM as they had full recognition and visitiation to get their degrees then the PHA brother could come to all the Tx AASR events he wanted. Even though the SC AASR-SJ recognizes its PHA counterparts the orients still have to follow the rules and regs of the GL they fall under

mrpierce17

KOP Council director / Lodge instructor
Premium Member
I have a question in regards to PHA SR

In NC a lot of the members I know in the MWPHGLNC are members of the new supreme council in Washington DC... that was started by Ralph Slaughter .. I also know there is a united supreme council of SR that in NC is called the NC deliberation council ( I think ?)

Anyways I've considered doing PH Scottish rite ( and even York Rite ) even though I'm AF&AM and I'm wondering which body is regular ?

I'd appreciate some thoughts from any Prince Hall Brothers on here

Feel free to private message me

If you are in NC your going to want to join The United Supreme Council AASR Southern Jurisdiction PHA that's the recognized body

http://freemasoninformation.com/201...izes-prince-hall-scottish-rite-in-all-states/

mrpierce17

Premium Member

dfreybur

Premium Member
If Mainstream and PHA Scottish Rite recognize each other then doesnt that mean bothers can visit each others valley regardless if the GLs are not in Amity with each other ?

SR valleys meet as Masons. There has to be local recognition. What the SR level national recognition means is they need no paperwork anywhere local blue lodge level recognition happens.

Petitioning PHA York Rite in a state with local recognition. Interesting strategy. I like it.

Kenneth NC Mason

mrpierce17

Premium Member
SR valleys meet as Masons. There has to be local recognition. What the SR level national recognition means is they need no paperwork anywhere local blue lodge level recognition happens.

Petitioning PHA York Rite in a state with local recognition. Interesting strategy. I like it.

Interesting indeed so let's say I visit NC hailing from FL and I go to a SR meeting and there's a brother there from MWGLNC do I leave in order to keep my obligation since FL GLof State and PHA aren't in amity or apply the when in Rome rule ??? what are your thoughts on this

mrpierce17

Premium Member
Is this the body that is called the North Carolina Delibration Council ?

I can't find any contact info for the NC USC so if someone can link me up is appreciate it

It would be under The United Supreme Council AASR Southern Jurisdiction look for orient information look for orient of NC

Ripcord22A

Site Benefactor
it appears that the council of deliberation is the AASR orient of NC, whats strange to me is that it appears that the orient is set up like its own SC.

mrpierce17

Premium Member
it appears that the council of deliberation is the AASR orient of NC, whats strange to me is that it appears that the orient is set up like its own SC.

That would raise a red flag in my book being that the United Supreme Council AASR in witch I am under is set up as a whole with a Northern & Southern Jurisdiction and states represented as Orients

Dontrell Stroman

Premium Member
Question : It's a little off topic, but me and another brother our curious. When is the appropriate time to place a SR emblem on your vehicle. A brother told me not to wear anything in case your asked a question that you can't answer. Now earlier in another thread I brought up memorizing all degrees and multiple brothers assured me that it was unlikely for a man to remember all of it. So with that being said, what all should I be studying in case I'm asked a question ?

Sent from my 831C using My Freemasonry Pro mobile app